2006 or 2013 Land Cruiser?

Riptide

Explorer
I get slightly better mileage in my 200. They both took a hit when I mounted BFG KO2’s on them, but my 200 averages 15-16 mpg in mixed driving, if I keep my foot out of it.

I will say, the tiny tank in the 200 is a downer, for something that is made for offgrid and outback driving. I don’t remember wha the tankage was in my 100...

namsag

I have an 80/100/200 and have driven each of them off-road and on medium to long trips. The 200 is my wife's dd, the other two are my toys. If I had to only keep one, it would be the 100, narrowly over the 80, by a whisker. But I would keep the 100. If we had to get rid of one, and it was completely up to me, it would be the 200. My wife loves it, but she's a mom. That's how I feel when I'm in it- Mom Vehicle. And a little too much electronic nanny for me. Toyota, and the 200 lovers, say they have never built a stronger or tougher Land Cruiser. I am not disputing them. But the 200 just does not speak to me.

Last edited:

SoCal_80

Explorer
I have a 2006 and tow a teardrop. I absolutely love the setup! Can ask for anything else. If you get a 2006 you will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I have an 80/100/200 and have driven each of them off-road and on medium to long trips. The 200 is my wife's dd, the other two are my toys. If I had to only keep one, it would be the 100, narrowly over the 80, by a whisker. But I would keep the 100. If we had to get rid of one, and it was completely up to me, it would be the 200. My wife loves it, but she's a mom. That's how I feel when I'm in it- Mom Vehicle. And a little too much electronic nanny for me. Toyota, and the 200 lovers, say they have never built a stronger or tougher Land Cruiser. I am not disputing them. But the 200 just does not speak to me.

People said the same thing about the 100 when it replaced the 80. The previous generation of anything is always the last real whatever it is.

RND1

Observer
What's the price difference between the 2? If same price, I'd go for the 2013 200. If there's more than a $15k differential in price, I'd go for the 100. I love my '03 and plan to move to a '13+ when my son gets his license in a few years. I'm not in love with the bloated highlander look of the 200 to be honest, but the interior is much nicer.

4Beast

Observer
What's the price difference between the 2? If same price, I'd go for the 2013 200. If there's more than a $15k differential in price, I'd go for the 100. I love my '03 and plan to move to a '13+ when my son gets his license in a few years. I'm not in love with the bloated highlander look of the 200 to be honest, but the interior is much nicer.
I 100% agree with you on the "Highlander XL" looks of the 200. It would be one thing if that bloated body allowed easy fitment of 35's or even 37's but it is actually more difficult to fit 35's than on a 100. Of course I'd enjoy that 5.7 and interior refinements, but it is a challenge to de-soccermom it.

zimm

Expedition Leader
towing the edge goes to the 200. not really an edge, more like a trouncing. make no mistake, the 100 sucks to to tow with unless you locate a trd supercharger.

for class4 roads the edge goes to the built 100 over the built 200. the 5-600 more pounds dry on the same size tires will be noticeable.

the 100 suited my driving, but if youre gonna tow, only fire road it, and money isnt the object, i dont know why you would consider the much older truck.

SQRRRL

200. I was in the same boat. Bought a 2013 in 2016 and never thought I should have bought the 100.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I had a 2006 and actually loved it but would get a 200 now that they are available and the 2013 being in a really good value price point now is pretty appealing.

mph

Expedition Leader
I have had both....Man the 200 is fun to drive. So smooth, so capable....If you have the chance, get the 200. Also, the mpg is better and you have 150 more horses:).

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The 200 has big advantages if you see a need for them. The traction hunting technology is light years more capable than the Dumb as dirt 100 system. So if your into muddy tough and or Snowy use the 200 is dramatically better.

Neither one is a towing monster. They tow but I wouldn’t call them a great regular tow rig over 3500lbs.

Both are horrible fuel pigs!!! Probably the single worst issue most of us have with the US spec LCs.

If modern safety tech is a priority the 200 obviously is better. But the 100 is still a decent crash survivor just might fail the wifes modern safety radar etc.

If those two were my only options I’d go 200 series. Lower maintenance engine setup, better transmission, better active traction hunting ability, better power.

The 100’s are nice but pricey given whats out there and they aren’t powerful, or fuel efficient or super super capable. They are just reliable, gas hog turds that are ok lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles