Driven Over Land - Short Film

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
A 26-minute overland adventure through the Colorado backcountry with Driven Over Land and our trio of Mitsubishi Monteros. Join us for 8-days, 11 epic passes, and 7 remote camps in 6 nat'l forests. I hope y'all enjoy our short film. It was a ton of work and is our first attempt at capturing the majesty and grandness of the Rocky Mountains.

DzlToy

Explorer
It is nice to see something other than Jeeps in a film and Monteros are quite capable of performing as a mild overlander. I believe the rear ring gear is 9 or 9.5" in diameter. They are stout.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Nice vid! Do you have a route map? What time of year did you do it?

Thank you! Below is just a quick outline of the general route we took between Aug. 23rd - Sept. 2nd.

1578958807170.png

It is nice to see something other than Jeeps in a film and Monteros are quite capable of performing as a mild overlander. I believe the rear ring gear is 9 or 9.5" in diameter. They are stout.

Thanks and I agree! We have noticed there is almost zero quality Montero/Pajero content available.

I know "mild" is a subjective term so it depends on what perspective you're coming from, but there is a group of guys in AZ and CA that have completed the Rubicon in Monteros of every type in the annual Sierra Challenge. I personally can't speak highly enough of them as being very capable. They just take a little bit of tribal knowledge to maintain long-term like any 20-year old 4x4, but like you said they are rock solid.

All of these that we have are equipped with the 9.5" differential in the rear and a selectable 2-speed transfer case with viscous coupling with lock-out like an LC80, but with available 2H, 4H (which behaves like AWD), 4H-lc (locked center), and 4L-lc (locked-center.) The later-model Gen 3's (silver ones) have IRS with 100mm CV's and a trick traction control system that behaves like Toyota's ATRAC [You can see this working when the silver one lifts a wheel in the video.] The blue one is mine and it has a semi-floating 3-link solid-axle in the rear with a chromoly panhard bar and a factory selectable rear air locker. It's been up the 675-mile CO BDR, practically every mountain pass in Colorado aside from Tincup and Tomici, and through the backcountry of six other states in the last 2-years.

Excellent video. Very well edited.

Thank you!

Good production value, I thoroughly enjoyed it. More to come...?

Thanks! Yes, we are headed to the Ozarks in two-weeks and will share something similar on our channel afterward.

rockland213

Wow .... great video
Can’t imagine the time that took to make. My wife even said it look like screen saver pictures as I was watching it.

Prescott

Observer
I am patiently waiting for the next video. I miss my old 2nd gen. It got me into and out of some pretty hairy situations so I have to agree that they are more than capable.

Also, was most of that filmed using a go pro? I figure it was mounted on the bumper but it was so smooth! Maybe a DJI mount?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles