2020 Ford Transit AWD

cobb ridge

Observer
I had heard about the Amazon vans but with others showing up I was wondering what’s going on when I got my order in at the very first. I ordered an EB so no diesel. No sliding door. No crew van. I’m not sure if I ordered the split view but I don’t think so. How would I find out info other than my dealer?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Ujoint. When did you order yours? I have had mine on order since 8-13-19. I’m wondering if I will get mine before the 2021 model comes out. The dealer said mine is unscheduled on material hold. If they don’t schedule it soon then I’ll be looking at close to 6 months before I get it. If I get it. Half a year to get a van seems excessive. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Started my ordering process on 7-17, didn't get pricing or a conf until 8-21. Killed the power door on 10-24 and like Brian said, the latest delay (for me) seems to be the cameras. Since I now have this cargo I'm not as anxious, it'll get here when it gets here! I'll have my lift ready to go when it does.

If I hear anything I'll post it for sure! Check out the video I posted yesterday with more details and we'll have it on the rack tomorrow. I'll do a IG live video with a full tour.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
How would I find out info other than my dealer?
There is a Transit forum
My dealer is near the Ford plant, active on the forum, and goes under the name crewvanman.
He keeps the forum (you do have to go looking for the info) and his clients well informed.
He sent me my VIN this morning and notified me that it got pulled for production next week.

Here was today's info bit.... "Ford just pulled the first 7 of this weeks allocation and the dates are kind of spread out based on the body styles. Earliest of this group is WEEK of February 17th with others at WEEK of February 24th and the last 2 at WEEK of March 2nd. So finally it looks like Ford is getting on the ball to get more Transit orders converted into production."

Who is your dealer? Its possible as well that the dealer doesn't have allocations to get the van you ordered built. In that case it sits until they do. Does your dealer buy and stock a lot of Transits?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I posted in my build thread, don't want to hijack this one. I did a FB & IG live yesterday while it was in the air, had a ton of interest! Teardown on mine begins Monday, we'll get a lot done so keep posted!

86scotty

Cynic
All that room under there for a decent sized fuel tank and it looks like it still has the 25 gallon. Range on my Ecoboost was hardly above 300. I hope the aftermarket starts paying attention.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Go time! Took it on a weekend trip, ~400 miles on it now and I love it.

82143420_2985281624824379_2629479506615730176_o.jpg

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The dually offset wheels and hub extenders really bother me.
Maybe that's because out of balance wheels bother me and I cant see that setup being ideal for balance.
Is this a non issue?
I know that they "use them all the time" but on commercial/work trucks driven by employees not my mini ski lodge on wheels.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The dually offset wheels and hub extenders really bother me.
Maybe that's because out of balance wheels bother me and I cant see that setup being ideal for balance.
Is this a non issue?
I know that they "use them all the time" but on commercial/work trucks driven by employees not my mini ski lodge on wheels.

Yea I've had a lot of questions about them and don't have a solid answer as to why Ford did this on the AWD, they must had needed the width?

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Yea I've had a lot of questions about them and don't have a solid answer as to why Ford did this on the AWD, they must had needed the width?
Yeah, same axle for dually and single?....but isn't/are there hub extenders on the rear?
Whats the bolt pattern on the rotor/hub?
Maybe we can pull them all off and use more readily available, traditional offset wheels?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94