AmboLander

Thirdcoaster

Eric,

Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope the treatments are going well.

New guy here reading this thread in entirety! My module is an '02 but appears identical to yours. I have front/rear lightbars to remove. I was planning to cut down the center hump like you did, but if I had the bolt location dimensions, I could just holesaw around the bolt heads.

Is there any way you could provide the center-to-center bolt locations? I would do some "investigative" drilling to find the exact center of the bolt heads.

Either way, you have been a great benefit to my project.

Thanks,
Brian

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Not sure what causes it but let's no hijack this thread... I'll go complain on my own build thread, lol ;)

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Saginaw pump pressure output on P/S conversions can be altered. Too much pressure and all road feel is lost vs too little and hard steering. There’s a spring and rod which control it... Likely similar for our steering. Too much pressure and steering boxes will eventually sufffer with big tires.

cjken

Explorer
Hey Eric,
Hope that you are well!

Which Diamond Eye Exhaust kit did you get. I looking at doing mine in the near future.
Enough room under the Doghouse for the fatter pipe??
Thanks

sethro80

Adventurer
Hey Eric,
Hope that you are well!

Which Diamond Eye Exhaust kit did you get. I looking at doing mine in the near future.
Thanks

I am wondering the exact same thing

Seth

FDM2012

Adventurer
Hey Ken,

I ordered it on ebay back in 2016, and purchase history doesn't go back that far.

I had to "massage" the down pipe a tiny bit, but it was no big deal.

Currently running a muffler, but will prolly remove it.

Just did my last round of Chemo. My next PET SCAN is on May 7th. #FingersCrossed
Not a good time to have Cancer of The Immune System (Non-Hodgkins Spleenic Lymphoma Stage III),
but I have pretty much been sheltering in place since December, and am coping well.

Thx for the well wishes.

Hey Eric,
Hope that you are well!

Thanks

Last edited:

FDM2012

Adventurer
So here's a video from an "Open Florida Rally" this past Sunday here in Tampa.
Regarding The ****************** and the shut downs, it's time to learn how to walk and chew gum.
The event was organized well, friendly, and peaceful. Except for this one jerk that was giving people a hard time,
including the D.J./Announcer.
Fortunately, I pulled up in AmboLander just in time to blast my air horn can at him! ******** F Him!

Abitibi

Explorer
So here's a video from an "Open Florida Rally" this past Sunday here in Tampa.
Regarding The ****************** and the shut downs, it's time to learn how to walk and chew gum.
The event was organized well, friendly, and peaceful. Except for this one jerk that was giving people a hard time,
including the D.J./Announcer.
Fortunately, I pulled up in AmboLander just in time to blast my air horn can at him! ******** F Him!

Great timing, that was hilarious! Hahaha

FDM2012

Adventurer
Today, I finally swapped out the halogen Scene Lights for LED's.

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_1553196.jpg
    IMG_20200501_1553196.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20200501_1552453.jpg
    IMG_20200501_1552453.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200501_2048351.jpg
    IMG_20200501_2048351.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200501_2047493.jpg
    IMG_20200501_2047493.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200501_2046583.jpg
    IMG_20200501_2046583.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200501_2049293.jpg
    IMG_20200501_2049293.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 60

AmberLamps

Today, I finally swapped out the halogen Scene Lights for LED's.

Do you have a link for the LEDs you installed? For your lights that were/are wired into the flashers, did you require them into the normal system or are they all wired as they were for the original ambulance build?

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FDM2012

Adventurer

I'm not using any of the lights that were the flashers. Only the scene light circuits.

However, if you are still using the original wiring and controls, then you can just locate and bypass the flasher relay.

Do you have a link for the LEDs you installed? For your lights that were/are wired into the flashers, did you require them into the normal system or are they all wired as they were for the original ambulance build?

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmberLamps

I'm not using any of the lights that were the flashers. Only the scene light circuits.

However, if you are still using the original wiring and controls, then you can just locate and bypass the flasher relay.

Thanks. I've removed all of the wiring that was solely for the flashers, to include the two good size amplifiers within the system. The current wiring hanging up in the box is the scene lighting, which includes the wiring for all the interior ceiling lights. I'm still thinking about completely removing all the old ambulance wiring to the box and repurposing what I can, which would remove most all of that massive cluster of circuit boards and terminal boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles