'95 7.3 2wd Ambulance (Kamloops B.C.)

TooSteep

Observer
This feels like good value at $9,000 CDN:

$_59.jpg

eporter

Adventurer
Especially good deal with all the mechanical work recently done. Wonder how the rust is? Says it was used at the ski hill. High idle hours?

nyyankees588

And it's 25yrs old so it is importable to the US. does seem like a good deal - rust underneath would be my main concern. The tire tread depth pic seems to show the amount you would expect - which would be a decent bit. Lol @ the "custom BBQ table" - literally a set of $15 folding table hinges and a couple pieces of wood. I always love to see what people choose to highlight that they feel others would think are cool.

eporter

Adventurer
Haha. I hadn’t really noticed but yeah it’s a pine board cut in half and one of the ends facing out is cut with saw burn and the other is rough. Like, at least sand it and throw a coat of finish on if you’re going to feature that as your brand new BBQ table...? It’s gonna get gross, quick.

Do you even overland, bro?!
5e5ce02dc750b88f1878e2a8872c9b36.jpg

gregmchugh

Observer
And it's 25yrs old so it is importable to the US. does seem like a good deal - rust underneath would be my main concern. The tire tread depth pic seems to show the amount you would expect - which would be a decent bit. Lol @ the "custom BBQ table" - literally a set of $15 folding table hinges and a couple pieces of wood. I always love to see what people choose to highlight that they feel others would think are cool.
It might have always been importable since the Econoline chassis was also sold in the US when it was new...

billiebob

The best part about an ambulance is the electrical systems exceed anything an overlander needs, plus the commercial body is bullet proof compared to anything in the RV industry. Tons of built in storage, slides, hinges, doors, hardware which should last longer than most of us will live.

I'd call this a good base. Ski hills are not the heavy salted roads you find in any city. Most roads around the hill are compact snow and they only sand them. No salt till you hit the highway.

Not sure about $9K but $5K would be the cheapest way to start building an overlander.... if it is not too rusty.

eporter

Adventurer
Can’t please em all... just saying, that bbq table should’ve been more “tactical” with p cord and Molle slots and that ambo wouldve gone for premium $$. Or, fancy butcher block with a resin pour. Depends which trend you’re following.

Maybe I’m sensitive to ambo half-assery since my old ambo was gutted and never finished by the new owners? Amazing how a $100k build quality can get devalued so quickly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles