Holy Grail Jeep, 05 LJ Rubicon

zb39

Adventurer
Jeep was ordered and bought new. 1 owner, stored in heated an AC building. 6spd manual, ordered with both hard and soft tops. Comes with 6 extra correct rubicon wheels. All stock, have all paperwork, etc. 48k miles. Small dent on hood when I fell on it. Located in Home, PA. Mark 724-549-2613, 25K OBO
IMG_2498.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2502.jpg
IMG_2503.jpg
Located in Home, PA 724-549-2613, Mark 25K OBO
IMG_2506.png
IMG_2505.png

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
May I just say, this must win some kind of award for Top 10 Man Caves in the world. Wow, so well done. Bravo sir!
Also, Nice Jeep. I had a 2005 Ruby LJ and it was fantastic as a trail machine. I miss is a lot, but my resources are a bit thin for this one.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
There's one in similar condition in San Diego for 24k. Slightly higher miles and some fading on the hard top.

WOW to the jeep and the man cave.

Excellent taste you have.

northstar2018

Northstar
Double U OH Double U! Even on the Beast Coast. Beautiful. Dennis Collins would love this--you should let him know this is for sale!

maxfederle89

May I just say, this must win some kind of award for Top 10 Man Caves in the world. Wow, so well done. Bravo sir!
Also, Nice Jeep. I had a 2005 Ruby LJ and it was fantastic as a trail machine. I miss is a lot, but my resources are a bit thin for this one.
I was thinking the same!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

quickfarms

Adventurer
I have a 2005 LJ as a daily driver and I have multiple standing offers on it.

That would be my living room but I don’t think the wife would approve of it.

My shop is not that neat because I actually work in it

zb39

Adventurer
I was standing on the cowl using it as a step ladder, I was in bare feet so I didn't scratch anything but it was wet and I slipped. I was not happy!!

Zorro

Adventurer
Educate me, why is this considered a holy grail jeep?
Many purists think the TJ and its I6 4L engine are the last real Jeep, the LJ being the rare variant (and desireable as it's a TJ with juuust a lil' more room), furthermore in Rubicon form AND stick shift. And to top it off, it's a one-owner (collector no less, which usually says a lot on maintenance and general condition) who hasn't modded the ******** out of it, or driven it through hell.
I happen to be one of those purists, and am drooling. If only I was in the market!

quickfarms

Adventurer
Many purists think the TJ and its I6 4L engine are the last real Jeep, the LJ being the rare variant (and desireable as it's a TJ with juuust a lil' more room), furthermore in Rubicon form AND stick shift. And to top it off, it's a one-owner (collector no less, which usually says a lot on maintenance and general condition) who hasn't modded the **** out of it, or driven it through hell.
I happen to be one of those purists, and am drooling. If only I was in the market!

Personally the rubicon is more hype than its worth that’s the reason I have a regular LJ. The front axle is a weak 44 and uses a lot of 30 parts so not much advantage. The transfer case is geared to low for trail work. So for my use the rubicon was not worth the money.

I do prefer an automatic over a stick for daily driving

The approximately 1 foot additional wheelbase is great on the street.

The short, compared to the scrambler rear overhang is great on the trails.

For fun I take my restored USMC M38A1 out on the trails. I can walk it into places that the wannabes can’t get there lifted rubicons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier