Intech RV

Zillon

Elevated the bed tonight to give more underbed storage and also get the mattresses off of the floor of the trailer. Should keep us warmer in cold weather camping.

d57c8b68e62e83eac513dd6361f72fa5.jpg

2bb9adb06d1c28e0aa1b9c572a362b62.jpg

cf1dfd7ddfb01825b640d12217634a62.jpg

Here’s the exact bed I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMWFKGW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crunch337

I picked up a 2021 Pursue a couple of weeks ago. I've been looking for a while and finally did it!! Today i added a Lock n Roll hitch, and ordered a 5lb propane tand for it. I can't wait to get this on the trail!! Upgraded batteries is probably the next upgrade...PXL_20210227_192013003.jpg

Crunch337

Here is the Lock n Roll trailer side installed. the LnR didn't have the two holes vertically like the factory coupler, but I really think they're necessary due to the aluminum.16159210718783008060086772998236.jpg

Attachments

• 16159209198628729228369524904490.jpg
    16159209198628729228369524904490.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

xyzzyxch

Hi guys, great posts here...I read through all of them very informative. I and my wife just sold our popup and looking for a camper like discovery and explore. We want to sleep just two of us and 2 dogs so I believe both will do fine. Also we want to haul 2 dirt bikes sometimes. We noticed the wind dragging problem mentioned earlier so I'm wondering will be a problem for discover? We also like the idea like R&R trailer which they outfit the trailer with wiring, insulation, all aluminum, fold out bed, etc. The only thing we want it similar to discover is adding a whole kitchen cambinte? I guess? Anyone have experience with trailers like R&R and doing small cargo trailer conversion? Would you recommend that over the retail model like intech discover? Thanks!

TGK

Hi guys, great posts here...I read through all of them very informative. I and my wife just sold our popup and looking for a camper like discovery and explore. We want to sleep just two of us and 2 dogs so I believe both will do fine. Also we want to haul 2 dirt bikes sometimes. We noticed the wind dragging problem mentioned earlier so I'm wondering will be a problem for discover? We also like the idea like R&R trailer which they outfit the trailer with wiring, insulation, all aluminum, fold out bed, etc. The only thing we want it similar to discover is adding a whole kitchen cambinte? I guess? Anyone have experience with trailers like R&R and doing small cargo trailer conversion? Would you recommend that over the retail model like intech discover? Thanks!
Not sure what part of the country you are in. RnR is in Michigan. Double R Trailers is in Tampa, Idaho and can do similar work. Both offer cargo trailer platforms that can be tricked out. I know DoubleR also builds food cart trailers, so they have the capability to add features. Probably fine for dragging down washboard gravel and dirt forest service roads. I spoke with DoubleR last year and was told they see their trailers being dragged all over unpaved roads in Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Not likely Jeep roads or 4x4 tracks though.

xyzzyxch

Not sure what part of the country you are in. RnR is in Michigan. Double R Trailers is in Tampa, Idaho and can do similar work. Both offer cargo trailer platforms that can be tricked out. I know DoubleR also builds food cart trailers, so they have the capability to add features. Probably fine for dragging down washboard gravel and dirt forest service roads. I spoke with DoubleR last year and was told they see their trailers being dragged all over unpaved roads in Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Not likely Jeep roads or 4x4 tracks though.
Thanks for your input. Forgot to mention that I'm in Central Pennsylvania so closer to the RnR. Come from factory with the kitchen option will be awsome.

specialk148

Thanks all. I'll be starting my propaganda campaign with the wife to get an Explore.
I pulled the trigger on a used 2017 explore with double tip outs for 14K. Did I do ok for that price? There are zero similar trailers for price comparison in my area.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0536.HEIC.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 94

MuckSavage

Adventurer
I'd say you did well at $14K since a new Explore is $15,582 base. Looks like you have the Adventure Package (off road tires, roof rack, AC & slide out kitchen) add $5,005. The curbside tip-out bed is worth $1,400.
Essentially, your trailer new lists at $21,987. My local dealer won't budge off of list price since there's a waiting list for them.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I'd say you did well at $14K since a new Explore is $15,582 base. Looks like you have the Adventure Package (off road tires, roof rack, AC & slide out kitchen) add $5,005. The curbside tip-out bed is worth $1,400.
Essentially, your trailer new lists at $21,987. My local dealer won't budge off of list price since there's a waiting list for them.
Pandemic sent the intech trailers from lots in stock everywhere you looked to near zero availability 3-6 month wait and $5000-$7000 markup no dealing prices.

Lots of them constantly listed on the FB group for sale tho... Buy used right now and your very close to pre pandemic new prices.

specialk148

Well, that helps my buyers remorse. Thanks. I waited on making the decision to buy because I just had no idea on the value of a used Explore. I got the seller to throw in a trailer valet fortunately ,which was necessary to get her past my narrow gate and into the parking spot. Now I have to decide on Propex heat vs Wave 3or 6 heat. Any input would be appreciated.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
Well, that helps my buyers remorse. Thanks. I waited on making the decision to buy because I just had no idea on the value of a used Explore. I got the seller to throw in a trailer valet fortunately ,which was necessary to get her past my narrow gate and into the parking spot. Now I have to decide on Propex heat vs Wave 3or 6 heat. Any input would be appreciated.
@dreadlocks is the go-to-guy on your heater. Read thru his posts. He points out the pro's & con's of each

Pogue

Workin on it
Anyone have a way to contact Intech directly? All the phone numbers I find go to dealers that don't have access and Mr. Offshore hasn't been seen in a while.

We purchased a used Explore but I can't find direct contact info for the manufacturer. I was hoping to find a build sheet or VIN number lookup? Mainly I just want to verify my roof is the heavy duty one we can walk on as it already has a rtt on it.

Never worried about it until I saw it was an option....

Matt.H

Adventurer
Anyone have a way to contact Intech directly? All the phone numbers I find go to dealers that don't have access and Mr. Offshore hasn't been seen in a while.

We purchased a used Explore but I can't find direct contact info for the manufacturer. I was hoping to find a build sheet or VIN number lookup? Mainly I just want to verify my roof is the heavy duty one we can walk on as it already has a rtt on it.

Never worried about it until I saw it was an option....

Smart move looking into this.

Don't read anything in to these questions. And, more importantly, best of luck. Matt

Have you tried the 'Contact Us'. section of their website? See below.

Have you tried to reach the original selling dealer as their website recommends? You would need to talk to the original purchaser, first.

1623277336495.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles