The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Kenyi

Observer
Hi I purchase my Dometic CFX3 95DZ in august 2018 been using it occasional since we don't go every day camping last week we took a trip to Yosemite and on our way back I got an orange light and an error message faulty compressor.
I called support waisted 2h to get through and she just simply told me that "we are sorry its out of warranty look for the closest dealer\service station and get it fixed" that took 2 minutes of her time she didn't even bother to know what was wrong only focused on the warranty, that's it next.
The fridge is about 2 and a half year old, it smells new since the little use we been giving it we purchase $$$$ thinking long term investment for a $1500 dollar fridge we expect more the 2 and half years of light use very disappointed on service and lifetime on the product

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Hi I purchase my Dometic CFX3 95DZ in august 2018 been using it occasional since we don't go every day camping last week we took a trip to Yosemite and on our way back I got an orange light and an error message faulty compressor.
I called support waisted 2h to get through and she just simply told me that "we are sorry its out of warranty look for the closest dealer\service station and get it fixed" that took 2 minutes of her time she didn't even bother to know what was wrong only focused on the warranty, that's it next.
The fridge is about 2 and a half year old, it smells new since the little use we been giving it we purchase $$$$ thinking long term investment for a $1500 dollar fridge we expect more the 2 and half years of light use very disappointed on service and lifetime on the product
They are a lovely fridge but is does not surprize me because Dometic never fixed the design fault instead they just told people not to plug in both leads, Every other fridge has a useable Ups system but it does not work on the CFX3 range, The previous CFX model was much better and worked correctly.

Kenyi

Observer
They are a lovely fridge but is does not surprize me because Dometic never fixed the design fault instead they just told people not to plug in both leads, Every other fridge has a useable Ups system but it does not work on the CFX3 range, The previous CFX model was much better and worked correctly.
What's an Ups system

67cj5

Man On a Mission
What's an Ups system
The Ups system is where you plug in both power leads and if the AC power fails the DC power takes over until the AC power is restored and then it switches it's self back on to AC power so your food does not spoil. If you plug in both leads with the newer CFX3 range you will Kill the fridge, So if you have a CFX3 Don't Do It.

hope that helps.

Last edited:

Kenyi

Observer
The Ups system is where you plug in both power leads and if the AC power fails the DC power takes over until the AC power is restored and then it switches it's self back on to AC power so your food does not spoil. If you plug in both leads with the newer CFX3 range you will Kill the fridge, So if you have a CFX3 Don't Do It.

hope that helps.
Got it thanks. Mine Is connected to my OPUS4 trailer through 12v. We have a 50L ARB that's being dragged in all our previous adventures for around 8 years and still going strong. We wanted to upgrade to a bigger fridge and Dometic kind of sold us on there product we are honest people and fell to there hype of overlanding fridge shame on us I guess.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Got it thanks. Mine Is connected to my OPUS4 trailer through 12v. We have a 50L ARB that's being dragged in all our previous adventures for around 8 years and still going strong. We wanted to upgrade to a bigger fridge and Dometic kind of sold us on there product we are honest people and fell to there hype of overlanding fridge shame on us I guess.
No Your just Good People,

I have the 47L/50Qt ARB and the 78L/82Qt, they are both incredible fridges, I have done two Milk test with them and you won't believe how long milk will last in one of them,,

If I had to pack one fridge to use 24/7 it would be the ARB Classic 63L/65Qt ?? because it has the floor size of the 82Qt so it allows you to put big items in it with the bonus of the lower height for use in a vehicle,

matt24601

My apologies in advance if my question is answered somewhere in the thread. With 250+ posts I thought it may be faster to ask than to read.

I own a CFX3 75. It is giving me a compressor error (error 33) I have been in contact with customer support and have gone through several of my locally listed service centers to get my cooler serviced. The problem I keep running into is that none of the listed service centers actually service these coolers. They are basically all RV service centers. I am in the Dallas Ft Worth area. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get warranty work done on my cooler, I would be forever grateful.

Sent from my SM-G977T using Tapatalk

67cj5

Man On a Mission
My apologies in advance if my question is answered somewhere in the thread. With 250+ posts I thought it may be faster to ask than to read.

I own a CFX3 75. It is giving me a compressor error (error 33) I have been in contact with customer support and have gone through several of my locally listed service centers to get my cooler serviced. The problem I keep running into is that none of the listed service centers actually service these coolers. They are basically all RV service centers. I am in the Dallas Ft Worth area. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get warranty work done on my cooler, I would be forever grateful.

Have you plugged both leads in at once because someone else did that and it burnt up their Camper ?? as I posted earlier you must only have one power source plugged in at a time or Boom ??

matt24601

Have you plugged both leads in at once because someone else did that and it burnt up their Camper ?? as I posted earlier you must only have one power source plugged in at a time or Boom ??
Haven't done that. Compressor rattled real bad for a bit then gave me the error. Just gives the error every time I turn it on now.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Haven't done that. Compressor rattled real bad for a bit then gave me the error. Just gives the error every time I turn it on now.

Sounds like the compressor has broke loose inside, If it is still under warranty I would speak to Dometic here on the forum, even if it is not I would still see if they can help,

matt24601

It's under warranty. I put the post up here and also Pm'd Dometic here. Hopefully we can get it figured out.

Kenyi

Observer
I just talked to a service center were I live and he told me that it will be cheaper to buy a new one than have it repaired.

NEVER NEVER AGAIN DOMETIC ??????

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just talked to a service center were I live and he told me that it will be cheaper to buy a new one than have it repaired.

NEVER NEVER AGAIN DOMETIC ??????
If your fridge is still under warranty then they have to fix it or replace it,

Seeing as the CFX3 range is only 2 or 3 years old your fridge is under warranty, the CFX3 range have a 5 year limited warranty ,

Heres the proof so down load it so you have a copy and email it to your self so it is time and Date Stamped and do it now, If this link vanishes I have down loaded a copy just in case, it goes missing I can send you a copy, Ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles