Series 80 Snorkel?

gmartin1215

Hi!
I have been trying to find a snorkel for a series 80 Cruiser. The Safari part number I have is SS81HF, but when I search for this I get out of stock or there is some Ebay knock-off. At this point, I am assuming the SS81HF has been discontinued. Has anyone had any success with the Ebay knock-offs? I am especially concerned about the quality and longevity of the Ebay listings. There are also many listings on Ebay, too, for different prices. If you had success from Ebay, which listing or vendor did you purchase your snorkel from?

I hope you can help!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I'm on my third eBay snorkel on my third vehicle. My last one lasted 5 and a half years without a single problem, so I'm totally sold on them. Most are made of LLDPE, which is a good material for this sort of work. Mine never cracked, faded, or gave me any real trouble. I will keep buying snorkels that way as long as they are available, as the cost is so much more reasonable than Safari. However, they aren't perfect.

A few things to note: they save that money somewhere. Their hardware tends to be cheaper stainless and prone to corrosion, the fitting parts aren't always the highest quality, the snorkel heads lack the quality of Safari or other manufacturers, and there are some fit/finish imperfections when you look at the seams and texture. All of these imperfections are really small though, and frankly for the price it's absolutely acceptable. I'd buy one, replace the neck brace hardware, maybe the clamp for the head, and call it a day.

gmartin1215

I'm on my third eBay snorkel on my third vehicle. My last one lasted 5 and a half years without a single problem, so I'm totally sold on them. Most are made of LLDPE, which is a good material for this sort of work. Mine never cracked, faded, or gave me any real trouble. I will keep buying snorkels that way as long as they are available, as the cost is so much more reasonable than Safari. However, they aren't perfect.

A few things to note: they save that money somewhere. Their hardware tends to be cheaper stainless and prone to corrosion, the fitting parts aren't always the highest quality, the snorkel heads lack the quality of Safari or other manufacturers, and there are some fit/finish imperfections when you look at the seams and texture. All of these imperfections are really small though, and frankly for the price it's absolutely acceptable. I'd buy one, replace the neck brace hardware, maybe the clamp for the head, and call it a day.
Thanks! Is there a particular vendor you have used on Ebay where you were satisfied with what was delivered?

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Thanks! Is there a particular vendor you have used on Ebay where you were satisfied with what was delivered?

I've used three different vendors and been happy each time. I do know some are selling fiberglass and some are selling LLDPE. LLDPE is what you want. Make sure it comes with a cutting template, not all of them do. Otherwise you pretty much get the same thing from each vendor.

lugueto

Adventurer
Hi!
I have been trying to find a snorkel for a series 80 Cruiser. The Safari part number I have is SS81HF, but when I search for this I get out of stock or there is some Ebay knock-off. At this point, I am assuming the SS81HF has been discontinued. Has anyone had any success with the Ebay knock-offs? I am especially concerned about the quality and longevity of the Ebay listings. There are also many listings on Ebay, too, for different prices. If you had success from Ebay, which listing or vendor did you purchase your snorkel from?

I hope you can help!

There have been a couple models of Safari snorkels made for the 80. It seems your part number is out dated. The new part number from what I can gather is SS82R.

Snorkels installs = instant depreciation.

Meh. Quarter panels are easy enough to repair or replace.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier