Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!
Who is ready to build a van? we always love getting you involved in these builds. There is so much that we will be doing to this years build and i would love your input as i have never really built out the inside of a cargo van. What have you done to your van build that you would do again or maybe there is something you would not do again? We will be doing a ton of videos on this build with a goal of weekly updates on youtube every saturday "SEMA SATURDAY" Make sure you are subscribed to our social media and this thread.

whith

Love you’re working on another Express. MBRP down pipe and emissions in tact tune from Kennedy Diesel. 4.11 gears. Goes like stink.

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
For all of you that have a cargo van and added A/C to the rear, what system did you use ? Would you use it again?
Thanks for your help.
Jeremy

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We are really EXCITED to have Expedition Portal partner with us on this years build! Our goal is to bring you amazing content as well as involved in the parts we use to build a BA Chevrolet Express 4x4 Diesel van. We will bringing you a new video every Saturday on this sema build.
If there is anything you would like to see added to this build as well as share what you love or hate about your van that you would change.
Thank you for your support over the years.

Jeremy Johnson

WTD-Expedition-Portal-Announcement.jpg

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Lots of crickets in this thread! Please let us know what you would like to see this build include. Here is the latest video from our youtube discussing many suggestions and options to choose from.
What do you want to see?

Jeremy

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
How about radiant floor heat, window flares so you can sleep side-to-side, and a recirculating shower? It would be cool to see how a pro would tackle these things.

whith

Window flares would be incredible if you could pull those off. Otherwise I’d vote CCV or Field Van pop top. JW Speaker headlights will change your world at night too by the way. I can’t speak highly enough of them.

whith

Just thought of another idea, rear window blanks that can be opened for accessing things from the outside. Some GM service vans have them or have had them maybe as an option but it doesn't seem like something that can be added at this point.

RVflyfish

Just thought of another idea, rear window blanks that can be opened for accessing things from the outside. Some GM service vans have them or have had them maybe as an option but it doesn't seem like something that can be added at this point.

Whit those came on the Pro Access vans. They weren’t an option per se, as in you couldn’t add them to just any van. You had to order the Pro Access. The rear of the body on the driver and passenger sides is completely different from other GM vans.

whith

Whit those came on the Pro Access vans. They weren’t an option per se, as in you couldn’t add them to just any van. You had to order the Pro Access. The rear of the body on the driver and passenger sides is completely different from other GM vans.
Ah, got it. Be cool to see if Weldtec could come up with some sort of aftermarket solution even if it weren’t exactly the same. Not sure how much demand there would be but seems like a useful option.

RVflyfish

Ah, got it. Be cool to see if Weldtec could come up with some sort of aftermarket solution even if it weren’t exactly the same. Not sure how much demand there would be but seems like a useful option.
Agreed 100%. My buddy has side windows that lift via hydraulic struts on his Tacoma shell. Only my rear window does that. I can tell you whose shell I like better. (Hint: it’s not mine!) Super handy feature.

Incidentally the same buddy has a Savana 3500 Duramax cargo van and we’ve discussed fab’ing pop-up side windows for the rear cargo area. It would be an awesome upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94