Super Pacific X1 camper for Chevy Colorado

Alwaysstranded

For sale is my Super Pacific X1 for a Chevy Colorado. Black camper, tan tent with rear window.

Awesome product, we just decided to go with a slide in for my 3/4 ton instead.

About the camper:
-Total of 10 nights slept in the camper.
-Has Alu Cab cross bars with low mounts on it. Included in sale
-Not planning on selling it with the Yakima Fat Cat ski/snowboard rack.
-weighs around 300 pounds.
-includes top rear brake light with pigtail ready for wiring.
-includes exped Megamat duo, willing to negotiate on big Agnes dual sleeping bag currently attached to exped.
-has the updated removable panels

Camper is located in SoCal.

Asking $12,000

Attachments

• 5AD52CC4-DFBA-433F-AFF0-2365222AC08F.jpeg
    5AD52CC4-DFBA-433F-AFF0-2365222AC08F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 407
  • 85277D22-26F2-4446-BCFF-19F0986FF769.jpeg
    85277D22-26F2-4446-BCFF-19F0986FF769.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 473
  • 3F98568A-60FC-4CA4-A02D-F2BA0C65B15C.jpeg
    3F98568A-60FC-4CA4-A02D-F2BA0C65B15C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 437
  • 7EB320B5-C854-45B9-A216-2D6B87E639C8.jpeg
    7EB320B5-C854-45B9-A216-2D6B87E639C8.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 386

ABBB

I’ve heard good things about this company but don’t understand why the price tag is what it is? What makes this different from a topper with a wedge tent on top (aside from the obvious that you climb up from the bed instead of using a ladder outside)? What am I missing here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zooroadbaja

Adventurer
I’ve heard good things about this company but don’t understand why the price tag is what it is? What makes this different from a topper with a wedge tent on top (aside from the obvious that you climb up from the bed instead of using a ladder outside)? What am I missing here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s like saying why buy a rooftop tent when you can buy a $50 ground tent

ABBB

Why condescend? It’s a genuine question. I haven’t stepped foot in one of these before. It looks like a topper with a tent on top. Maybe it’s not. How would I know if I’ve never seen one? What makes it worth $13000 dollars? Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. Again, how would I know? What’s the point of a forum if not to ask questions and engage on this very sort of thing? Or are you on here to just be a prick and not be helpful?

ABBB

Also, RTTs are wildly expensive. I know plenty of people that sleep well in ground tents still. And it doesn’t cost them $2-5000 to rest comfortably.

Rick S.

Why condescend? It’s a genuine question. I haven’t stepped foot in one of these before. It looks like a topper with a tent on top. Maybe it’s not. How would I know if I’ve never seen one? What makes it worth $13000 dollars? Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. Again, how would I know? What’s the point of a forum if not to ask questions and engage on this very sort of thing? Or are you on here to just be a prick and not be helpful?
I'll answer you. Not sure why you weren't just given a straight answer. The difference is that you can enter the upper tent area from inside. Also, you can fold the bedding forward and move the floor forward, making it basically a small camper you can stand up in, dwell inside of, etc. This is great for inclement weather or buggy environments. Also, these so-called "wedge campers" are built specifically for this design. If you add a RTT to a shell I'm not sure how well it would handle the weight under certain stresses, off-roading, etc. Also, a good shell with side doors is pretty expensive these days, as are good RTTs, so I'm not sure how much you'd save. Last but not least, these babies are in high demand, so the price also reflects market forces. So there you go.

ABBB

I'll answer you. Not sure why you weren't just given a straight answer. The difference is that you can enter the upper tent area from inside. Also, you can fold the bedding forward and move the floor forward, making it basically a small camper you can stand up in, dwell inside of, etc. This is great for inclement weather or buggy environments. Also, these so-called "wedge campers" are built specifically for this design. If you add a RTT to a shell I'm not sure how well it would handle the weight under certain stresses, off-roading, etc. Also, a good shell with side doors is pretty expensive these days, as are good RTTs, so I'm not sure how much you'd save. Last but not least, these babies are in high demand, so the price also reflects market forces. So there you go.

Thank you. I see the advantage of the stripped down camper and having inner access to one’s bed. I suppose it is one quarter or half the price of other slide-in campers, though you get built-ins and you can leave those free standing and drive away from your campsite for the afternoon. Everything is spendy these days, guess I gotta start making more money!

Tenchi64

Thank you. I see the advantage of the stripped down camper and having inner access to one’s bed. I suppose it is one quarter or half the price of other slide-in campers, though you get built-ins and you can leave those free standing and drive away from your campsite for the afternoon. Everything is spendy these days, guess I gotta start making more money!
The other aspect that cannot be understated is the ease of setup/breakdown. It takes a minute.. and when its dark outside or weather sucks its really nice.. I have done the RTT, tent camping and wedge camper and the wedge camper is my favorite setup. I doubt I'll jump on the trailer/full camper experience.

ThePartyWagon

You have to consider the cost of labor as well.

People tend to gloss over the labor costs of manufacturing something like this and the amount of time spent developing CAD files and running machinery, assembly, etc. etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne