Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

UjointoffroadCO

I use lots of different tools to get into all the little cracks and crevices, wire wheels, flap discs, scoth brite wheels, hand sanding, you name it. Once everything is scuffed up, gets a through wipe down with acetone. 2 coats of self etching primer, followed by 3 coats of MRO flat black!

NeedsWork

Fantastic! I love the finish that you're able to get. My van is overdue.

I noticed on your personal van you used an epoxy primer on your Sterling 10.5 as opposed to a self etching primer. Some folks say for bare metal it's an either/or type of thing... have any strong opinions on that?

UjointoffroadCO

Fantastic! I love the finish that you're able to get. My van is overdue.

I noticed on your personal van you used an epoxy primer on your Sterling 10.5 as opposed to a self etching primer. Some folks say for bare metal it's an either/or type of thing... have any strong opinions on that?
Yeah, was experimenting. It doesn't seem to bond as well as the self etching. Self etching also cuts down on the prep time a lot.

UjointoffroadCO

All wrapped up on the white van! Absolutely love this thing! It's now headed down to sportsmobile texas for a pop top!
5HXCPaKh.jpg

OX0czACh.jpg

qVUA7JMh.jpg

y6PtObuh.jpg

Had this Sportsmobile in to get some custom 2" lift springs from Alcan Spring here in grand junction. Get rid of the block in the back as well. Paired that with some fox shocks and 35" KO2's! I cant believe how much it transformed the ride over the crappy off the shelf springs these things come with!
8YIlWwGh.jpg

5ZtpPXJh.jpg

Farfrumwork

That white van is sweet.

I didn't know SMB still did E350 pop-tops... great that they do!
I had my SMB pop top installed in Austin as well. From what I've seen (could be wrong, or maybe not enough sample size) but they do the best finish work (out of the 3 SMB sites... now 2 I guess).

UjointoffroadCO

Next one in the shop! This is a very nice 2013 5.4 EB that is going from a 4" action vans 2wd lift to 6" on 37s! Going to be a cool one!

Big pile of parts to go on!
TYHmwKLh.jpg

6GqVTAXh.jpg

xK8IsUHh.jpg

rvLpeWQh.jpg

mHd8G6Ih.jpg

The boss making sure I'mm getting the diff set up right!
gQhlBkxh.jpg

9nFXCxnh.jpg

Had some nice weather this weekend so I decided to finally replace all the wear items in the steering as I had a little slop in one of the tie rod ends. Everything else was just preventative after almost 70,000 miles!
iKd1ZJqh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Gonna be a good one!
qB7ipcth.jpg

Touch down! Aiming lights

Love this thing! All wrapped up and ready to head home!
rZHD0kMh.jpg

First class C in the shop! Bit of a tight squeeze.
Z5y0Irmh.jpg

6s9f3Tnh.jpg

Took a day after tear down to do a vancompass kit for our friends over at Adventure Vehicle concepts
hjhFfXBh.jpg

vCRtKedh.jpg

Y6Fn15qh.jpg

CGnwGDHh.jpg

Took a day to add some more racking to the shop for more storage. Having to hoard parts and tires these days due to shortages.
xP9KHH2h.jpg

Class C back in for full tear down!
NlVd1f1h.jpg

By0Zaajh.jpg

Custom rear bumper going together with enough room inside to store the black water tank drain pipe.
1vBTPZeh.jpg

Should be wrapping up soon!

UjointoffroadCO

All wrapped up on our first class C!
Rwitrvgh.jpg

zDGAuYkh.jpg

Dredged this '94 b190 off the bottom of the ocean for a conversion!
ejXYlJFh.jpg

Looking a little better!
1Gjr9FNh.jpg

Quick bumpers install on the quig that just got a top at CCV
pXhXrhFh.jpg

baHj239h.jpg

Ever seen 2500lbs of leaf springs before? Full load from out new pals in grand junction Alcan spring
fGADsBih.jpg

Expansion underway! Was able to snag the unit directly behind me. Going to cut a hole in the wall and add another lift!
C3LKo2Hh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier