Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Willsfree

Step one complete. Off road wheels and tires on the AWD Express with the torsion keys cranked up 3/4". Step two is a ladder which I have and will install soon. Step 3 will be fabbing a roof rack which I'll do with some 8020 extrusions and dunnage racks.
I recommend the Cognito upper control arms to improve travel; here's the post for my lift. Handles great at higher speeds on any surface.

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Early morning sunrise on the back roads.

20220504_053747-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy

CaptainBuilt

Step one complete. Off road wheels and tires on the AWD Express with the torsion keys cranked up 3/4". Step two is a ladder which I have and will install soon. Step 3 will be fabbing a roof rack which I'll do with some 8020 extrusions and dunnage racks.

Thats a slick ride.

4wheeldrivevan

Observer
New to me 6/18/2022.

2003 Ford E450 Ambulance. 7.3 Diesel with only 49,000 miles on it. Paid $10,800 on Ebay. Drove my Honda ST 1300 motorcycle down to South Carolina to pick it up. Put the bike in the back and drove it 550 miles back to Delaware. Starting the conversion this week. Will be painted a sandstone Moab red rock color with a Anasazi petroglyph wrap. Will be adding new bumpers front and back, ladder, solar, new more aggressive AT tires, 12 volt fridge, etc... Going full nomad within 6 months.

Attachments

• Mikes Ambo.jpg
    Mikes Ambo.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 27

Willsfree

New to me 6/18/2022.

2003 Ford E450 Ambulance. 7.3 Diesel with only 49,000 miles on it. Paid $10,800 on Ebay. Drove my Honda ST 1300 motorcycle down to South Carolina to pick it up. Put the bike in the back and drove it 550 miles back to Delaware. Starting the conversion this week. Will be painted a sandstone Moab red rock color with a Anasazi petroglyph wrap. Will be adding new bumpers front and back, ladder, solar, new more aggressive AT tires, 12 volt fridge, etc... Going full nomad within 6 months.
Dude, nice find for remote living; where's old Blue? Three years since your last post...you know how to get some good deals, even in this market.

Last edited:

4wheeldrivevan

Observer
Dude, nice find for remote living; where's old Blue? Three years since your last post...you know how to get some good deals, even in this market.
lol, life happens... kids, work etc... bought a boat and did that most of last year. I still have big blue - 2004 Chevey Express AWD and my white Ford E250 that I was working on back when Chris from Ujoint offroad first started his website for selling Ford Van lift kits over 15 years ago.

Willsfree

I was following the Old Blue build for the upper control arm mod. Ended up using the Cognito arms, no straps, General Spring leafs, Bilstein shocks, Toyo tires; handles much better than stock and gets me into some more remote places without damaging the hard parts.

1655755893312.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles