Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Aleja_333

Anyone know where this dust is coming in from and how to seal it? I used foil tape and silicone under the plastic bedside caps before the camper was installed, so I don’t think it’s the holes in the top of the bedsides. Are there larger holes under the bed rail on the third gen Tacoma?

It's very very hard to 100% seal everything. I use butyl and Sikaflex under the bedside caps and I still get some dust here and there. I suspect one of the reasons is the bed deflects quite a bit, especially with the weight of the camper in. When deflection happens, gaps will open up and will let dust in.

My solution was to put the full Bedrug kit on the bed before adding any accessories. This way any dust that comes in is trapped under the rug and doesn't come to the surface. Also, it acts as a very nice insulation.

Anyone mounted a WeBoost to their ACCC? Im trying to get some ideas where the optimal mounting point would be. If you have pics please post them. I have seen a few products available that allow the WeBoost antenna to fold out of the way as well.

Aleja_333

Anyone mounted a WeBoost to their ACCC? Im trying to get some ideas where the optimal mounting point would be. If you have pics please post them. I have seen a few products available that allow the WeBoost antenna to fold out of the way as well.

I have one but not mounted to the ACCC. Mine is mounted on the roof rack using the Rhino Rack folding bracket. That way is out of the way when driving and only up when needed.

Here's the link for the bracket:

I've also seen it mounted to the ACCC roof track using the same Rhino Rack bracket. Attached is a snapshot of that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.50.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.50.43 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 39

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Posted up some GP parts in the classifieds if anyone is interested, LMK! ?

GP Factor Canopy Camper Stainless Steel Drop Tables (SOLD)

IMG_7661.jpgIMG_7668.jpg

Great condition, only removed to install the new GP full width table.
Will ship for $30ea to lower 48.
More info: https://www.gp-factor.com/shop/gp-alu-cab-canopy-camper-stainless-drop-table

GP Factor Canopy Camper Power Board $1800 picked up / $1950 shipped

IMG_7656.jpg

Great condition, only removed to install the new GP Red Vision Panel.
Pre-production stainless steel finish. (matches Dickinson heaters, haha)
Plug in your batteries, solar panels and this is a turn key solution for your Alu-Cab Canopy Camper, will not fit Alu-Cabin models.
More info: https://www.gp-factor.com/shop/canopy-camper-electric-system-panel-complete

Last edited:

ccperkdog

Is anyone running a 1UP Bike rack (with Rakattach swingout) with their canopy camper? I have the rack, but torn on whether I should have the rack swing out to the drivers side opposite the camper door or if it would even clear the door if I swung it out to the passenger side. Just looking for thoughts on the best way to go before ordering the swingout arm.
1UP released a ver.2 of RakAttach that adapts both ways, so you don’t have to buy a passenger or drive side specific version

Mtpisgah

Is anyone running a 1UP Bike rack (with Rakattach swingout) with their canopy camper? I have the rack, but torn on whether I should have the rack swing out to the drivers side opposite the camper door or if it would even clear the door if I swung it out to the passenger side. Just looking for thoughts on the best way to go before ordering the swingout arm.

We use the kuat with it swinging to the passenger side. It is best to have it open with the door so you have full access on one side.

Attachments

• 780BC236-8A30-42E3-97EF-324B8839AC65.jpeg
    780BC236-8A30-42E3-97EF-324B8839AC65.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DE0AAF50-7059-4DB4-B073-614CCA3BE00C.jpeg
    DE0AAF50-7059-4DB4-B073-614CCA3BE00C.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 91

Mtpisgah

I just bought some parts from "loloracks.com". They are a company from Portland Oregon, that are actual bike riders. They allow you to buy individual pieces of their rack systems and kit it out to your own needs. Received the parts in the mail yesterday, the build out starts today. Ill be mounting it to the rear door.

Do you have your rack on yet? How secure are the bikes when driving offroad?

siebermd

Adventurer
Do you have your rack on yet? How secure are the bikes when driving offroad?

I did, it is so simple and affective, I really cant believe more racks are built this way. I absolutely love it. No issues so far, I havent had it in any rough "off road" yet, but i have full confidence that the bikes are going to be plenty secure.
lolo rack.jpg

For reference sake, on this ACCC thread, I did end up installing the WeBoost OTR setup on my truck this weekend. I used all the antenna risers and spring that was in the kit.

I ended up installing the "outside antenna" on my roof rack and I have the "inside antenna" installed in my ACCC. The goal is to try and get the two antennas as far apart as possible. I did end up using the RR folding antenna mount and 3" Quickfist to hold the antenna while it's in the down position. I did have to drill out the mounting holes a bit on the RR mount in order for it to work with the m8 hardware on the FR Slimline roof rack. I plan on mainly using the cell boost inside the camper or around camp, not so much while I am driving. I typically download maps when I know I am going to be in a particular area, so having the main booster inside the cab of my truck wasn't something I personally cared to have.

I used a ip68 rated cable gland (and sikaflex) to run the cable into the ACCC, behind the power panel and down into the same GG module that houses my 100ah BB Lithium battery, this is where I installed the booster (red box thingy).

As most of you know running wiring on the ACCC is super easy so the job didnt take long at all. Trying to figure out where I wanted to actually use the WeBoost took the most time, and this will be different for everyone.

A05256CB-A25B-4F34-A3A2-9EFD0A9BEBE1.jpg9E6AE5C1-54E8-4A9E-BDBF-E1D682DAE582.jpgBEF87F89-07DC-486B-9847-5DCB713CFB7A.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
For reference sake, on this ACCC thread, I did end up installing the WeBoost OTR setup on my truck this weekend. I used all the antenna risers and spring that was in the kit.

I ended up installing the "outside antenna" on my roof rack and I have the "inside antenna" installed in my ACCC. The goal is to try and get the two antennas as far apart as possible. I did end up using the RR folding antenna mount and 3" Quickfist to hold the antenna while it's in the down position. I plan on mainly using the cell boost inside the camper or around camp, not so much while I am driving. I typically download maps when I know I am going to be in a particular area, so having the main booster inside the cab of my truck wasn't something I personally cared to have.

I used a ip68 rated cable gland (and sikaflex) to run the cable into the ACCC, behind the power panel and down into the same GG module that houses my 100ah BB Lithium battery, this is where I installed the booster (red box thingy).

As most of you know running wiring on the ACCC is super easy so the job didnt take long at all. Trying to figure out where I wanted to actually use the WeBoost took the most time, and this will be different for everyone.

View attachment 732135View attachment 732136View attachment 732137

Looks good. I just need to find a shorty rack that works with my Gladiator+Canopy-Camper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles