F150 - 2.7L vs 3.5L vs 5.0L

Bigc3031

I have 180k on my 2015 F150 3.5L ecoboost. I am the original owner. It’s been an amazing truck but there is one big issue, I couldn’t put a winch on it. If I’m ordering an F350 Tremor in October when they open up the order banks because my needs have changed and I’ve driven my F150 overweight the last 100k. If I were to do it again I’d get the 5.0.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
What would you guys recommend to firm up the rear suspension :
Timbrens or Air bags?

I’m torn….

NoTraxx

Roadmaster active suspension.
Edit for link and it looks like the name changed to Road Active Suspension.

Last edited:

Victorian

Roadmaster active suspension.
Edit for link and it looks like the name changed to Road Active Suspension.

Never seen that before… you using it?

Victorian

Yes sir, been on the truck for a couple of years. I put them on for towing.

Install looks extremely easy. Can you adjust the strength? Any noise from them?
I’m going to mount a flatbed plus camper on mine and need something to help stiffen up the suspension as we will be at max gvwr .

Cheers and thanks for pointer!

dbhost

From a longevity standpoint, I wouldn't want the small sixes even though they make decent amounts of power. You are shoving a lot of pressure against those head bolts, gaskets, connecting rods etc... to make that power...

NoTraxx

Install looks extremely easy. Can you adjust the strength? Any noise from them?
I’m going to mount a flatbed plus camper on mine and need something to help stiffen up the suspension as we will be at max gvwr .

Cheers and thanks for pointer!
I got the HD version and it came with 2 wafers for adjustment. I used the heavier one.
So far no noise.

NoTraxx

From a longevity standpoint, I wouldn't want the small sixes even though they make decent amounts of power. You are shoving a lot of pressure against those head bolts, gaskets, connecting rods etc... to make that power...
Well, do a little search on the High milage EB. They are out there and with some impressive milage. I mean gaskets, bolts, rods are all upgradeable.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
What would you guys recommend to firm up the rear suspension :
Timbrens or Air bags?

I’m torn….
I had sumo springs on my 2011 2500hd Chevy and they were great.
I put them on my 2019 ranger and they’re garbage, tried the timbrens and thier garbage. It’s like riding on your bumpstops. I think they just don’t come light enough for the small trucks.
I’m gonna try the road master active suspension on the little ranger.
There was a Labor Day sale

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The twin panel sunroof is so nice

The F150 trucks are a plenty with the 3.55 gears

Seems like a huge influx of used Canadian F150 trucks on the market
When I traded mine in, they told me it was headed to the US. Same thing when my father in law traded his in as well.

Reactions: D45

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
The twin panel sunroof is so nice

The F150 trucks are a plenty with the 3.55 gears

Seems like a huge influx of used Canadian F150 trucks on the market

When I traded mine in, they told me it was headed to the US. Same thing when my father in law traded his in as well.

Last I checked the Canadian dollar was about $.80 US. That makes it very attractive for US based dealers to buy low mileage (kilometer-age?) Canadian trucks with more valuable US dollars and then bring them to the US for sale. Thanks to NAFTA there is no import duty on products made in North America so there's no penalty for doing it.

If you ever see a truck with "XTR" on the rear of the bed, that's a Canadian truck. Mine is an XTR and it's not the only one I've seen in my suburban Denver neighborhood (Littleton CO). The XTR package was a chrome trim package offered only in Canada.

My truck was originally sold and used in Calgary, Alberta.

The only downside to this that I can see is that it seems to me that it's likely to make it more difficult for Canadians to get their hands on late model trucks, since it's so attractive for dealers to sell them across the border for more money.

Canadians, have you noticed a shortage of used trucks, more than usual I mean?

BTW one thing I'd like to know is whether Canadian spec trucks have the KPH on the outside (main) ring of the speedometer and MPH on the inside? Because mine has MPH on the outside and KPH on the inside which makes me wonder if the dealers switched the instrument panel insert.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Canadians, have you noticed a shortage of used trucks, more than usual I mean?

BTW one thing I'd like to know is whether Canadian spec trucks have the KPH on the outside (main) ring of the speedometer and MPH on the inside? Because mine has MPH on the outside and KPH on the inside which makes me wonder if the dealers switched the instrument panel insert.
Very much so. And they are retaining their value well.

Can't comment on the 15-20 trucks but, the 21's MPH doesn't show up on my speedo. Haven't tried changing it to MPH so I'm not sure but guessing it just recalibrates to MPH and omits the KP/H readout?
IMG_3654.JPG

Bigc3031

I have an air ride air bag system and have been happy with it. The adjustability is really nice. If my truck in not level I can adjust individual sides or both at the same time with a remote. The bags will auto level as well. I’d go air bags before anything else for sure.

Victorian

Very much so. And they are retaining their value well.

Can't comment on the 15-20 trucks but, the 21's MPH doesn't show up on my speedo. Haven't tried changing it to MPH so I'm not sure but guessing it just recalibrates to MPH and omits the KP/H readout?
View attachment 741393

Our 2021 is the same. Crossed into the US a while ago and the digital display changed to Miles automatically.
Got an email from our dealer yesterday asking if we like to sell the truck. They would offer us more than what we paid…. Crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne