Trail Marker Up and Out with Wet Bath by Rollingstar MFGing

karlfunk

We went and looked at the TM in April of 2021 and really liked it. Should have ordered that day. Because soon after they stopped taking orders. They said there was a queue (as we had actually given them a complete order form and tried to give a deposit) but would not tell us anything about where we might be on that list. We checked back at all of the dates they posted they would be starting to take orders again and got nothing but radio silence eventually. I can appreciate how difficult it has been during CV19 and the recession (we have all suffered in each of our industries) but a lack of communication was a killer for us.

Eventually decided to go another route. I will be bringing a WeeRoll up from Florida later this month to finish out myself. In the end it is probably a better fit for what we want. I will start a build thread once I have it in hand.

The TM is a very special product. And they are very nice people. I hope they can get going again!

Also really looking forward to seeing photos and comments about your new trailer!

- Karl

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Thanks Karl and I am very excited to see your weeroll build. It will be awesome I am sure.

I do wish there would be better communication that is for sure. The wait has been very difficult to say the least.

That looks really good! Information is a bit thin on the mfg's website - lightweight cargo camper | Rolling Star Trailers| Off Road Trailer (trailmarkeroutdoors.com) - but this seems to check many boxes . . . as you pointed out in post #1 on this thread. Looks like TrailMarker will re-post options and pricing again soon, but if you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid, that would be much appreciated.

Also, a few questions:
  1. How much fresh water does it hold and is the tank inside the heated space?
  2. Is there a grey water tank? Size?
  3. Which of the timbren options did you select? The suspension looks low, so am thinking you picked standard rather than the lifted option?
  4. Is it a ball hitch or articulating hitch?
  5. Do you know the actual weight of your unit?
Please share more pictures and info about your ownership experience.

Thank you.

That looks really good! Information is a bit thin on the mfg's website - lightweight cargo camper | Rolling Star Trailers| Off Road Trailer (trailmarkeroutdoors.com) - but this seems to check many boxes . . . as you pointed out in post #1 on this thread. Looks like TrailMarker will re-post options and pricing again soon, but if you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid, that would be much appreciated.

Also, a few questions:
  1. How much fresh water does it hold and is the tank inside the heated space?
  2. Is there a grey water tank? Size?
  3. Which of the timbren options did you select? The suspension looks low, so am thinking you picked standard rather than the lifted option?
  4. Is it a ball hitch or articulating hitch?
  5. Do you know the actual weight of your unit?
Please share more pictures and info about your ownership experience.

Thank you.

Hello Art,

Well I ordered mine in the spring of 2021 and my cost did stay as quoted which was cool but I am sure they will rise when the open up to new orders which I believe will be this spring. My total cost was almost 50k but I sent them the ostrich awning, isotherm frig, custom mattress, Artic Turn Windows, battle born batteries, Cotex 2000 watt inverter, victron solar charger, buss bars , two zamp obdesian 100 watt portable which was 10k.

So about 40 K for trailer. It does have that Stikwood everywhere so that was expensive (3k) but it think looks cool.

1. Fresh tank is 26 gallons. I have a 13.5 gallon flat 4x4 Ironman tank that I will carry on the Rhino platform rack and a Kick ******** pump in a box to easily fill the fresh tank when out for long trips

2. Gray is 30+ gallon that is mounted underneath the front part of chassis.

3. So if ground clearance is a concern make sure you defiantly go with the Timbren 4" rise. Mine is drop 4" so I can fit in garage by pulling wheels and rollin in on the wheeled stab jacks

4. For Garageing and spinning it around in driveway and security I went with the ARK articulating hitch. It's a ball mount articulating hitch with low profile. So far I like it. You can pull the hole thing off your tow vehicle so unless someone wants to steal your trailer using the chains it will be safer. Plus if your tow vehicle brakes down and you have to have someone else tow it that is more convenient

5. Dry weight with two full 20 lb and one 10 lb propane tanks, frig and awining its just under 2,700 pounds. It came in a touch heavier then expected which did cut in cargo capacity which is now 800 pounds (3,500 gwr pounds) If you need more you could probably build one at 2,200 pounds.

I will send pics when I get home and clean her up and set up the inside. I will attach one of the stikwood as if you don't like it that would save you 3K

Stay tuned and if you have any other questions please let me know.

Attachments

• 20230120_112103.jpg
    20230120_112103.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
  • 20230120_112102.jpg
    20230120_112102.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 117
  • 20230120_112112.jpg
    20230120_112112.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

We went and looked at the TM in April of 2021 and really liked it. Should have ordered that day. Because soon after they stopped taking orders. They said there was a queue (as we had actually given them a complete order form and tried to give a deposit) but would not tell us anything about where we might be on that list. We checked back at all of the dates they posted they would be starting to take orders again and got nothing but radio silence eventually. I can appreciate how difficult it has been during CV19 and the recession (we have all suffered in each of our industries) but a lack of communication was a killer for us.

Eventually decided to go another route. I will be bringing a WeeRoll up from Florida later this month to finish out myself. In the end it is probably a better fit for what we want. I will start a build thread once I have it in hand.

The TM is a very special product. And they are very nice people. I hope they can get going again!

Also really looking forward to seeing photos and comments about your new trailer!

- Karl

Karl your custom whee roll is going to be awesome built on an all aluminum chassis just like mine

Just drove from IN to Nebraska and she towed smooth as silk thru Amish county 20 foot wide two way roads. Stopped at Gen Y Hitch factory and bought thier Glyder Torsion Flex ball mount with rattle sleeve and stainless ball. So solid weaving around crazed truck drivers at I 80 in Chicago rush hour. Trailers is so well balanced. Truckers are out of control

Treefarmer

Just drove from IN to Nebraska and she towed smooth as silk thru Amish county 20 foot wide two way roads. Stopped at Gen Y Hitch factory and bought thier Glyder Torsion Flex ball mount with rattle sleeve and stainless ball. So solid weaving around crazed truck drivers at I 80 in Chicago rush hour. Trailers is so well balanced. Truckers are out of control
You took I80 through Chicago. Very impressive. We'll take whatever state roads we need to in order to avoid big city interstate experiences!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94