2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

StenchRV

I'd advise against putting holes (toilet mounting) in the shower pan. Not if but when bolts leak. My choice would be to bond a plate (alum/FRP) that is drilled and tapped to the shower base. Also makes future modifications easier.

You saw how I mounted mine. Bonded and sealed a good sized aluminum plate under the shower pan, in 4 places. Drilled and tapped the plates then sealed the threads and bolt heads with silicon. Easy to reseal every 3 years or so if needed.

The original post idea works but I did not want to see the LARGE plates I installed for rigidity. Could a smaller one work so you could hide it under the airhead mounts….maybe.

You know how well the shower pan is made…..TANK!

PROOST!

Alloy

You saw how I mounted mine. Bonded and sealed a good sized aluminum plate under the shower pan, in 4 places. Drilled and tapped the plates then sealed the threads and bolt heads with silicon. Easy to reseal every 3 years or so if needed.

The original post idea works but I did not want to see the LARGE plates I installed for rigidity. Could a smaller one work so you could hide it under the airhead mounts….maybe.

You know how well the shower pan is made…..TANK!

PROOST!

Yes I saw it but the holes where already drilled when the pictures where posted so I didn't say anything.

A 1/2" radii around the top edge of the alum or FRP takes the insustrial look off.

It's easy to reseal but what do you do if it has leaked.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
New Countertop and Sink In

She wanted bigger sink, I wanted coffee maker easier to access. Everyone wins.

Removed fixed mount induction stove, because we have an identical portable dual burner unit, and cook outside 99% of the time.

I added another outlet for the coffee maker, so if we need to cook inside, boom, just put the portable cooktop Inside.

I was a Keurig hater for years because the plastic single use cup waste is ridiculous, but I found a kickass 100% biodegradable recycled paper product from SF roasters that’s a super dark Italian roast and I’m addicted. Ha!

Got indoor shower plumbed and leak tested.

Will maybe deal with the pan and toilet relocation tomorrow

View attachment 769312

View attachment 769313

View attachment 769314
We have the same Keurig dedicated for use in our trailer, haha
In the mornings I love being able to get my coffee as quickly as possible with as little effort as possible....

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
We have the same Keurig dedicated for use in our trailer, haha
In the mornings I love being able to get my coffee as quickly as possible with as little effort as possible....

Abso Freaking Lutely!

I was adamantly against it at first, as the whole plastic waste of the pods is just insane

But.... The darker the better and i found this super dark italian roast in COMPOSTABLE pods made from paper and absolutely swear by them:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Too woke to just remove the sway bar altogether? Was 26K combined weight yesterday and seemed fine.

Hahahahaha

If I didn’t have bags in the front, yeah, I’d just remove the damn thing.

Drove home with it disconnected from Death Valley and it was sketchy as hell in the twistys heading to the 395

mekcanix

Camper
I never thought of the one way valve things hell I didnt even know they existed. now you have me thinking as the shower pan in my camper is crap and no longer available. I rebuilt the floor under it to give it full support ( wet bath), but now you have me thinking. Did you post earlier about cutting the pan?

Edit: found the post on cutting the pan, do you have the specs on the pan by any chance?

Last edited:

StenchRV

Hahahahaha

If I didn’t have bags in the front, yeah, I’d just remove the damn thing.

Drove home with it disconnected from Death Valley and it was sketchy as hell in the twistys heading to the 395

While I was at the dealer yesterday I crawled under a Rubicon with the electric sway bar disconnect.
Cool idea but that little gear motor....failure point. Is it possible with airbags to design a sway bar disconnect with pins we could pull off road? I have used this before but only on front spring setups.

I LOVE the sway bar (BIG BARS front and rear) on the pavement. The beast handles REALLY nice.
"Drove home with it disconnected" WOW! Sketchy is right!

CHEERS!!

StenchRV

This device is used in van builds. I have run across this in a friends Road Trek.
I should start working on my grey tank in about 2 weeks. I also do not want standing water in a p-trap, it would have to be outside in the box with the gray tank. The box will be insulated but still.

Simple enough and you always carry a spare so it is east to replace on the road.
Just something else to muddy the water :)

CHEERS!!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I never thought of the one way valve things hell I didnt even know they existed. now you have me thinking as the shower pan in my camper is crap and no longer available. I rebuilt the floor under it to give it full support ( wet bath), but now you have me thinking. Did you post earlier about cutting the pan?

Edit: found the post on cutting the pan, do you have the specs on the pan by any chance?

Specs here:

Thanks to @StenchRV for this one...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94