What floor mats do you use?

mires

Adventurer
I searched but couldn't find anything on the topic of floor mats. I am looking for some new ones as mine are the carpeted, light gray ones that came with my truck, and only stay halfway clean looking for about 5 minutes. So give me some ideas. Which ones do you use and how do you like them?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Don't know the brand, but they're the deep 'well' rubber ones in available at most costco's for~$20 (for front & rear mats).

Harald Hansen

Explorer
Up here in the cold and the snow all vehicles come with rubber floor mats as standard. It's common enough that I find it odd when encountering carpeted car floors further south... :sombrero:

I guess all manufacturers have fitted rubber floor mats somewhere in their inventory. They are usually better quality and fit but more expensive than aftermarket ones.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Huh? 4X4s come with carpet floor mats??? Why in the world would a manufacturer put carpets into a 4X4?? Bling for posers?

Rip them out and replace them with removable rubber mats so you can hose them and the floor down to get the caked on mud or sand out. I don't think the brand matters so much as long as you can remove them, hose them down & put them back in.

For the Land Rover crowd, I think Exmoor trim makes the best rubber mats. For Series trucks their mats are much superior to the factory rubber mats.

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Huh? 4X4s come with carpet floor mats??? Why in the world would a manufacturer put carpets into a 4X4?? Bling for posers?

Rip them out and replace them with removable rubber mats so you can hose them and the floor down to get the caked on mud or sand out. I don't think the brand matters so much as long as you can remove them, hose them down & put them back in.

For the Land Rover crowd, I think Exmoor trim makes the best rubber mats. For Series trucks their mats are much superior to the factory rubber mats.

Ditto. You could have it Rhino Lined if the lack of bling bothered you too much.

Marcie's Disco

Adventurer

Yep, OEMs are delivering carpeted floor mats in 4x4s. There have been quite a few other changes in the past four decades too. :ylsmoke:

`

TeriAnn

Explorer
Yep, OEMs are delivering carpeted floor mats in 4x4s. There have been quite a few other changes in the past four decades too.

I've heard rumors that some of the new vehicles might have actually come from the factory with things like roll up windows and radios installed. Next thing you know, the factories might remove the hand crank engine start option.

Marcie's Disco

Adventurer
I've heard rumors that some of the new vehicles might have actually come from the factory with things like roll up windows and radios installed. Next thing you know, the factories might remove the hand crank engine start option.

Roll up windows?!? :Wow1: ...Posers indeed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier