Brown Gun

zimm

Expedition Leader
this thing is great. maybe its my height, or how i shoot with my arm out cupping the end of an AR carbine handguard, but i was expecting something much more unwieldy. I scissor the for-end sling mount and pull back, and it swings just fine. well, its not pencil barrel AR, but, it's not bad. and there's less movement with the mass. I'm tickled. I do think lugging bandoliers of 30-06 all over france would have sucked.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
this thing is great. maybe its my height, or how i shoot with my arm out cupping the end of an AR carbine handguard, but i was expecting something much more unwieldy. I scissor the for-end sling mount and pull back, and it swings just fine. well, its not pencil barrel AR, but, it's not bad. and there's less movement with the mass. I'm tickled. I do think lugging bandoliers of 30-06 all over france would have sucked.

True, but when you run out of '06 it makes one hell of a club

zimm

Expedition Leader
And he bayonet would maybe have a purpose. I always thought the only thing dumber than a bayonet on a carbine, was the bayonet lugs on European bull pups.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Now you need it's little brother.

They used to be 300 bucks. Not now. If I could find one at a reasonable price.

A mini 30 with the dampener and adjustable port wouldn’t be bad.

Right now I’m collecting parts for a bm59. Garand guy used to have tons of them and I never bought one. Now they are private party or build one. I bought a box of magazines first in case they get banned. I don’t mind doing barrel work but messing with the receiver isn’t some I want to do, so I’ll likely ship it all to Shuffs, instead of having him fix my ******** later

robert

Expedition Leader
An M1 carbine? Do you have one?

Yes, a '43 Inland. Nothing special about it, but it's one of the most fun guns to shoot and it'd be one of the last I ever got rid of if I had to sell stuff. I miss all of the inexpensive surplus ammo that used to be available for them.

I'd like to have one of the new Mini-30s as well, the 5868 to be exact. I'd also like to have a 5819 (5.56). It's a shame the Minis and their magazines are just so ridiculously expensive.

zimm

Expedition Leader
ammo availability is why i was looking at the mini30's. i have so much of that ********, and it'll be available for years. i dont need another 223.

i make sure i enough mags for 600 rounds on whatever i buy. i think i just like seeing stacked magazines in my gun room. if theres a high cap mag ban, i'd get fewer years for rape, pillage, and murder.

robert

Expedition Leader
Classic Firearms has BM-59s for $1200 right now, no idea if that's a good price or not but you don't see them anymore. These are built on James River receivers. BM-59

zimm

Expedition Leader
Do some internet sleuthing. Some receiver and oprod reports made me wary of those.

That having been said, I'd sooner try to win a bid on a Springfield version, or a bm62.

Depending on how I feel after getting the parts, I'll do it myself for a beater, or have Shufflin do it nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke