1990 LHD PZJ70 Toyota Land Cruiser - lot's of recent work!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
These are one of the best 4x4's ever but the gold paint is a real issue in my opinion. (What worse color is there for a 4x4?) How much of a job would it be to repaint it? I know the drill as I've done a lot of other 4x4's but I dont know much about these models specifically. Are all the interior panels/dash gold as well underneath? I assume you'd be looking at a full body-off job?

Hey Vince,

You probably don't remember me but I owned the Warn Pinz and was on your forum a lot in the early 2000's and then again in 2012 when I owned the Warn Pinz a second time.

I like the gold. I wouldn't pay to have it painted gold but I like gold over red/blue/yellow/green or any other bright color. I am not into bright colors myself. If spending my money on paint, I will go earth tones.

The original color of the paint was a champagne-ish color, more tan than champagne but still. Original color can be seen in the engine bay. When it was repainted, yes everything was painted gold except under the truck and the engine bay.

No interior is tan/brown, dash was not painted as you can see. I just re-furbished the steering wheel in the last two days, here is a picture.

steering wheel1.JPG

It is a 5cyl. diesel. I am sure you know a thing or two about that. Very smooth and fairly quiet due to being a 5cyl. I have seen this motor with over 500,000 miles and never rebuilt. The engine is this truck runs awesome and passed smog with a super low rating.

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
New OEM A/C compressor.
New brake master cylinder.
New window runs in the doors.
And more!

Bump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member