Swivel Hoist Rings

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I've seen swivel hoisting rings used on bumpers, wondering what people think of them as a recovery point?

adb-7-8-9-x-1-20-heavy-duty-swivel-hoist-ring-8000-lbs-wll-33101-5.jpg

https://www.westechrigging.com/adb-hoist-ring-33101.html

It looks like typically a 7/8" ring is rated for 8,000 lbs W.L.L. and they are often overhead lifting rated, which makes me feel somewhat more comfortable about them. Seems like a single bolt into a bumper face assumes an awful lot about the material and fabrication, though.

bluejeep

just a guy
they swivel 360 deg so side pulls are not 'feasible' actually because the hoop will swivel toward the pulling force negating any side forces on the hoop itself.. However, having said that, there should be some specs available on capabilities at different angles of the main hoop

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
@bluejeep - This is the swivel ring application guide published by Crosby. Appears to me that WLL is for any direction or swivel as long as you use it correctly. One of the diagrams even shows a full right angle lift, as if the hoist ring is mounted on the side/wall rather than top/roof with the warning that the bail must be free of interference with the load.

Attachments

• 206_208.pdf
    161.4 KB · Views: 19

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Looks like they might rattle going down the road...
They would also need a clevis/shackle in many uses.
I've seen pictures of them on bumpers but never, personally, encountered them off road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles