Joyota , my cj5 i guess its a "gladiator" build now

Smileyshaun

Observer
Now we are starting to get to the fun stuff and tuning the suspension. I needed to pull it out of the shop to do a little pressure washing to knock off some more dirt before I finished cutting off the rest of the ifs mounts and cleaning up the frame . While I had it outside I figured I may as well use my buddies new free forklift and see how everything works out .
I need to pull a leaf from the rear pack to soften it up a little and add some leafs to the front pack to stiffen it up but all in all everything cycles well and is stable with 1 tire off the ground

bdp1978

Adventurer
DUUUUDDDEEEEE!!!!

How has this thread not gotten more action??? I just stumbled on it by accident because I never check the "Other" subforum.

You're like a mad genius with this thing. I love it!!

Smileyshaun

Observer
DUUUUDDDEEEEE!!!!

How has this thread not gotten more action??? I just stumbled on it by accident because I never check the "Other" subforum.

You're like a mad genius with this thing. I love it!!

Thanks man it's coming along slowly but surely.

Yeah I didn't know whether to put it in Toyota or Jeep that's why I went with other

Smileyshaun

Observer
tiny progress , had a free hour so I shortened the driveline. now I just need to swap the rear end and hook up the brakes and it can move under it's own power again

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Observer
got a ruff drawing done of the rear bumper/winch holder . will end up looseing a little depth to the bed to keep the winch up higher but that's fine I only plan on shoving a cooler and a Tupperware container in there anyways

Smileyshaun

Observer
last bit of work I'll probably get done on the jeep for a couple weeks have lots of other things that need to get taken care of so it's pushed out of the shop for now .
Plan was to build the back bumper and winch plate but due to spending most the morning looking for parts for my plasma and picking up the wrong size of plate I only got stuff ruffly tacked together thanks to my buddy having a chunk of old steel sitting outside.

Smileyshaun

Observer
looks like I may have some free time tomorrow so I'm going to try and tackle plumbing in the arb and getting the rear end stuffed in

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94