Shizen's Gen3 camper build

Monty85

Observer
Thanks guys. Unfortunately mine is 2001 model and don’t have that traction control system. I have seen the “dancing pajero” video on youtube and its impressive.

From what Michael explained, I understood as if I am using Hybrid LSD, it will perform well?

Now, my stock diff had Hybrid LSD. Originally plan was to swap whole diff to one equipped with 4.9 ratio gear and just put ARB locker. But if doing extra work and swapping my Hybrid LSD from original housing into new housing that has 4.9 is worth it, then it would save me good chunk of money.
Then may be I could get arb on front diff rather.

So what do you guys think ?

Would ARB locker in front and Hybrid LSD in rear be a good combo?

At the end, I dont even take it to had core trails but just want to avoid being stuck. Its only to get myself out of bad situation.

I have had this open diff setup for a week and I already dont like it. Get wheel spin easily on wet surface or other lose traction surface.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
The stock LSD and a front ARB would be perfect IMO.

The LSD in the rear is great...especially daily driving in winter conditions.
I've always wanted to install an ARB in the front of my Gen. III, but have never dedicated the funds. There have been more times than I care to count that I wished I had a front locker.

Cheers

Monty85

Observer
CALIBRATING SPEEDOMETER / ODOMETER with Yellowbox

After changing Diff Gear and tires , I knew my speedometer had been off and odometer racking up inaccurate number of miles, I wanted to fix that.
My speedometer was reading about 8% higher and I got annoyed specially on highway speed.

Some of you may already know this but I found this nice easy to use module to offset the signal from speed sensor.

Where to buy: Yellow Box : https://yellr.com/yb_home.htm

How to install : I followed the instruction from here -- >
To make install easier, I bought a plug and play harness for Montero when I ordered the yellowbox.
Basically you just plug in the harness between speed senor on transmission and rest of the harness.
Then I just ziptied and tucked the whole thing up by transmission.

Now the speedometer is spot on and odometer is also accurate to tenth of mile.
How I tested is I used an app "Speedometer" to compare speed and used Google map to compare distance reading on odometer.

Attachments

• IMG_6125.JPG
    IMG_6125.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6126.JPG
    IMG_6126.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6128.JPG
    IMG_6128.JPG