Oakland/Bigfoot 20' Class C 4x4

GNTY

Adventurer
Wasn't easy, but finally decided I need to let go of the other unit, ive posted it in the member classifieds area.
20312468849_0e7b9dd865_b.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Nice orange Scout. A buddy had one like it.
The wrap on your Bigfoot looks very nice. Thanks for the updates!

Sent via flux capacitor

I thought it was a scout, too.

If I were still working Id buy #2 from you. Perfect compliment rig to the Astro.

GNTY

Adventurer
I thought it was a scout, too.

If I were still working Id buy #2 from you. Perfect compliment rig to the Astro.

Ya it really would T.Low. It sold within hours and had a line up if it fell through. True test is when it cross's the border next week. Really sad to see it go.
We are headed down to Moab biking in a few weeks, i still remember walking out of the grocery store in Moab and seeing your Astro sitting there, my jaw dropped, amazing rig.

GNTY

Adventurer
My Folks just moved from a F350 Dually with a Bigfoot 3000 series camper to this 05 Bigfoot 24' 4x4, We were able to meet up with them at BC's Fairmont Hotsprings after they traveled around the Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise area, its was great to share their maiden voyage with them. Such a great rig for them!
21333439660_6206ca9595_b.jpg

21510348102_b61731b6ef_b.jpg

GNTY

Adventurer
Thought its long over due for an update. Seems like lots has happened in way of progress on the rig. Its been out of commission for quite sometime. We decided to have built the same front bumper as our family passenger van from HNC. We swapped out the highway cruising Michelin tires and went with the BFG AT2's.
27949783737_9a8ed71dcf_z.jpg

27949774367_41f0d04cbf_z.jpg

28945706868_72063e42c6_z.jpg

Last edited:

GNTY

Adventurer
A while ago we did a V10 to Diesel swap on my parents Bigfoot and ever since I have just been drooling over his fuel economy, range, and ease of climbing hills and taking on head wind all in cruise. For a few years I've had a 60K mile 7.3 sitting on a pallet just waiting for the right project to set her into. I finally bit the bullet and decided this little mini Bigfoot was going to get it. My parents swap went super smooth as we had same year donor van, but mine was a different story. We had a 2000 truck engine, with a 1996 donor for wiring. there is quite a bit of different between the new 7.3's and mid 90's so the swap took a lot long and a ton more chasing issues and solutions. I'm currently putting shake down miles on her before I attempt and long distance runs with the family. So far so good.
Also wanted an auxiliary fuel tank, opted for the same set up we did in my parents, a factory front to back style (along the frame) fuel tank trimmed down to clear the T-case, this tank became my main tank while the aft tank became the AUX and pumps into the main tank when needed.
28946113998_8a9d5f0779_z.jpg

28946114788_f7b7f21639_z.jpg

28946115338_5661e33d62_z.jpg

42819586451_b734ee89d1_z.jpg

28946115008_9531bae951_z.jpg

Very Tight Squeeze, 4" turbo back.
41917998085_b9ab2c1a4d_z.jpg

Last edited:

Petrolburner

Explorer
Thought its long over due for an update. Seems like lots has happened in way of progress on the rig. Its been out of commission for quite sometime. We decided to have built the same front bumper as our family passenger van from HNC. We swapped out the highway cruising Michelin tires and went with the BFG AT2's.

What size tires and wheels are you running? The Bigfoot looks great.

GNTY

Adventurer
wow, and there I thought swapping the engine in my Syncro was a lot of work...

:)

very impressive

Thank you, lots of head scratching. So far so good.

Did you intercool it ? Isn't truck turbo different than van turbo

No intercooler, there just isn’t much room for that, I’ve had a hard time finding info of others doing it. Ya truck turbo is slightly smaller than the van, but same pedestal. It was a low mile turbo and wanted to give it a try. She runs great and chugs along but I think I want more outta her, so it will get a van turbo.

I have only found info on two intercooler installs. Chris at Ujoint did Alfa and said he would never do another and there was a guy in Erie PA that did one as well as converted it to be a dually both changed to new front end. I keep looking at mine and thinking. We are headed to WA and OR pulling an 8000# trailer will see how I do in the mountains

kcernest

Observer
What kind of mileage were your parents getting on theirs and what are you getting? Also, did you buy an exhaust or build one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior