Making a rack better....help!

ozarak

I currently have a TMS 800lbs adjustable utility/ladder/kayak rack (Amazon purchase for carrying kayaks). How much of a pain or what/where can I get the pieces to weld/bolt/attach to it to make it better? I would mount fuel cans, maxxtrax, tools and such.

First post and not a hardcore overlander. all I have is a 11 Dmax truck and the wife won't let me get a real dedicated rig so I am going to make due with what I have.

Suggestions for a newbie?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
so many questions in this one, and so broad... it is hard to tell where to start.

what diameter is the tube? I would start by figuring out how to clamp to it and then work slowly from there.

if you try to make the perfect solution in the first shot, you will fail

just don't put anything too close to glass for starters or it will get expensive when your bolts rattle loose

rickc

Adventurer
Go take a look at Wilco Off Road's ADV and Leitner Designs Active Cargo System and copy what works for you. If you can weld, this would be so easy otherwise look into tube clamping systems; maybe scaffold joints?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Tube clamps are a great idea. Take a look at tube clamps for mounting lights on bars and exoskeletons. The usually have a hole or a stud that you can mount other stuff to without welding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier