Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Curious why more folks don’t make there entrance to tent out the back. We love having it out the back. Nice extra cover over rear storage. Or are we missing something

I think that either is fine. We wanted awning left side to cover the kitchen, and tent over the right to cover the fridge. Covering the rear with the XL tepui would sit the tent sideways, sticking out quite a lot, and we have no need to cover the ack side, which is only opened for us when we set up. But that's just us. Many do open towards the back.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Not even close to door....in fact with the annex the door swings perfect inside the annex. We have the smaller arb rtt. With it out the back the awning works great over the kitchen slide out

Which enclosure is this one. Looks like the touring. We are about to pull the trigger on either that or the deluxe which is about 40 more.

OregonJKU

We have our tent installed at the lowest setting which means stooping down to get into the main box if the entrance was in the back.

I did it off the PS, shade for generator/fridge. DS has the kitchen and awning. i found the ladder to get in the way when its off the back and your going into the rear compartment. i use the flat slider as a table and have another folding table that i put next to it. But with the annex off the rear would be a perfect spot for a bumper dumper.
Bumper dumper? What’s that

There r several reason we put ladder out back

In u ever camp in forest service or national park camp grounds Having awning and tent on sides limits ur camp sites aval to u. Most sites too narrow to fit til with awning and tents on opposite sides. Way too wide

We love the shade for fridge when rear slide is pulled out

The protection from rain when u open rear side

wellred

The a/c worked pretty well. We ran it during the day for the kids naps and then die fired it back up about 30minutes before going to bed. It ran all night on a single tank in the smittybilt generator.
Gracias - What model is it? I don't run a generator, might be an issue with my YETI 1000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier