Truckfridge (Indel-B) dualzone freezing problems

I have a dual zone top loading TB65 steel fridge/freezer from Truckfridge (Indel-B). It's less than a year old. No matter what I do or try when I use the one bin for freezing it just freezes the contents on the other side as well. I have tried everything from turning the fridge side completely off lining it with insulation etc. Truckfridge hasn't been much help either. They gave me
some internal settings to try that were recommended by IndelB, but no dice. The only thing that really works is keeping the lid open. Been on the road 5 weeks now last 3 trying to keep some fish I caught in AK frozen. But I keep tossing veggies and drinks cause of this unit. So before I try and go down the warranty road is this common with other brands of this type of design ie Engel Dometic etc?? Thanks!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have a dual zone top loading TB65 steel fridge/freezer from Truckfridge (Indel-B). It's less than a year old. No matter what I do or try when I use the one bin for freezing it just freezes the contents on the other side as well. I have tried everything from turning the fridge side completely off lining it with insulation etc. Truckfridge hasn't been much help either. They gave me
some internal settings to try that were recommended by IndelB, but no dice. The only thing that really works is keeping the lid open. Been on the road 5 weeks now last 3 trying to keep some fish I caught in AK frozen. But I keep tossing veggies and drinks cause of this unit. So before I try and go down the warranty road is this common with other brands of this type of design ie Engel Dometic etc?? Thanks!
I think the Dometic Waeco Duel Zone has separate/duel controls for each side so one can be set to freeze and the other set as a fridge,

I run the ARB 47L/50QT and I find that if I set it to -9*c the Dairy is close to Zero/0*c but if I crank it down to -18*c/0*f then the Dairy compartment is at about -14*c.

I just finished about 800 hours of testing on my ARB and a Dometic TCX-35 Cooler and a domestic fridge and I really learned a lot of How and Why's, bottom line is Duel zone is a handy feature and Fan forced fridges are next to useless and very limiting, The end results are that a normal 4x4 fridge freezer and a normal domestic fridge are the best types to own,

hope that helps.

J.

Thanks for your alls inputs. Truckfridge is sending me a new one. IndelB is telling them I must have a faulty valve between the two sides. They have been testing out one in the office says it works flawlessly or they will send me the one compartment TB74 fridg/freez. Havng the option for dual when its working is a nice option. So think I'm going to roll the dice and stick with dual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior