Introducing Trekker Vans Campervan Rental

Duder

I found this thread again today when searching for Transit stuff here on ExPo. My family and I rented a Transit Trekker Van from Nate in March of this year and had such a great experience that I'm looking into getting a Transit of our own now and fitting it out similarly.

We probably weren't the average rental customers as we're friends with the owners and used the van as a mobile base in the paddock at Sonoma Raceway for a 24 Hours of Lemons race. Not the typical beach camping or National Park tripgoers. but still, it was great! It was clear that a lot of thought and care went into creating the interior modules. I was impressed too that all our gear for a family of 3 camping at a racetrack fit in the cubby holes without much clutter during the drive, which is great for ease of travel.

Looking around online for a Transit, I'm tempted by a mid-roof van with the 3.5L Ecoboost. Maybe slightly lifted on BFGs. :D Although I have to say the low-roof 3.7L van was roomier and more capable than I expected.

Here's the google review I wrote right after the trip.

Awesome rental van experience! The vans are clean, modern, and easy to drive. They blend in with "normal" vehicles and don't stick out like an RV, which is a bonus for boondocking and security in parking lots. Nate has done an amazing job designing the camper interior kit for easy use and comfort. Everything you need for a trip is there: bed, table, fridge, sink, stove, storage...even dishes, folding chairs, and optional roof-top tent. Easy reservation process and great customer service. Highly recommended for easy, comfortable RV camping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online