Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
lol

yeah, I dont see that happening

Sucks about the leafs man.
Good luck sorting that out.
Id be raising hell about it, myself....
Yeah me either....

I emailed them Thursday night. Have not heard anything yet..... I'll give them another business day. Then I will get less friendly.

I did get to spend the day yesterday tearing into the leafs.... Gravel driveways are a **********.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't give them another min. Between the first mis-shipped springs and now these, dispute the charge. That will command a response at least. F them!!

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I would find a competent local spring shop. I really don't see how leaf springs can be built through mailorder.
The result I have seen is the prices have doubled so they can cover the screw ups. Springs going for $600-$1200 plus freight shipping that costs $350-$400 locally.
Atlas can probably afford to send two out before they start to lose money.

Good luck, working with those massive/awkward springs isn't fun.

java

Expedition Leader
I would find a competent local spring shop. I really don't see how leaf springs can be built through mailorder.
The result I have seen is the prices have doubled so they can cover the screw ups. Springs going for $600-$1200 plus freight shipping that costs $350-$400 locally.
Atlas can probably afford to send two out before they start to lose money.
Hindsight is 20/20. I defiantly would have used the local guys. They just didn't really do off road stuff and Atlas Spring got multiple recommendations....

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Hindsight is 20/20. I defiantly would have used the local guys. They just didn't really do off road stuff and Atlas Spring got multiple recommendations....

I should have mentioned, I have Atlas springs front and rear. The fronts took 5 weeks to receive, I feel they are to stiff (that said,I came from a Tundra).
The rears were second hand from another member, they were to low for his (Atlas sent him new ones) but perfect for mine.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
A local spring shop can re-arch what you have. It's not always worth doing on an old set, but if you had new springs made locally, they'd build them for the correct weight and arch them, then try them and see how it sits. Then if need be, pull and re-arch and try again.

It's not uncommon to have to take the truck back in later for a final re-arch after the new springs have had time to settle in.

I'd probably keep the new ones if they are correct for the weight and length and let a local shop adjust them for height.

Ask Atlas if they can reccomend a shop.

java

Expedition Leader
/snip

Ask Atlas if they can reccomend a shop.
^^^Please tell me this is a joke

Re arch is a thought, but 2" of arch is a lot to adjust it seems. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have had a little faith in the local guys and had them build them.

Ive got them re-assembled already. That was a fun weekend in the gravel driveway. Big truck stuff is heavy.

Here is what I ended up doing....

Take these two pieces out of the stock pack. The anti wrap leak and the spacer block.
44559003751_45a3115452_b.jpg

43649495375_7f2b925035_b.jpg

Buy new center pins, cut them down because you can only get 3/4x3/4 heads locally. Ford used 3/4x3/8 ish
44559001151_2a54feebe0_b.jpg

Jack up truck from the frame. Remind yourself to use a bottle jack next time..... Floor jacks don't roll on gravel. The license plate panel is not so pretty anymore.... Truck fell off jack.
43649496235_40ea36347d_b.jpg

Plan was to undo U bolts, roll axle forward, drop center pin out, reassemble with extra parts. Well remember this truck has an LSD? Yeah can roll one side forward.... So get out plywood, and a second floor jack, add some ratchet straps, and you can barely move the axle enough (after disconnecting sway bar).
30688560758_dd4481d72d_b.jpg

OK, center pin out, ****** why does new one not fit?! Oh Atlas used a smaller one... WHY?! Head would flop in the centering hole in the axle.... Anyway. Now I have to drill out the entire spring pack to the larger center pin..... That was fun and my drill hates me.

Pack with extra bits together.

44558995601_78654da825_b.jpg

Now the Ubolts are too short again. Did I mention I just got new ones for this pack?? (at $15 each...) No more pictures, but new Ubolts got made. bolts were tightened, not need to find a torque wrench that goes too 300 ft lbs... They are about as tight as my electric rattle gun will go. Which I had to drive on block and dig a hole under each spring pack to use.... anyway. Frustrated by this ordeal, but truck is derivable now, and ~3/4" higher than it was with the stock springs and airbags, with no air in the bags. I have not even test driven it I was so tired and pissed off. Need to beat the license plate panel out still too.

Fatboyz

Observer
Boy I'm sure glad mine didn't end up like yours. Mine went on perfect and are 100%. I would have been fit to be tied If that had happened with mine.

java

Expedition Leader
Boy I'm sure glad mine didn't end up like yours. Mine went on perfect and are 100%. I would have been fit to be tied If that had happened with mine.
Yeah its been "fun" /s

Looking forward to actually seeing how the ride.

Fatboyz

Observer
What are you sitting at for weight loaded? Weighed my chassis today and I'm 8096 lbs bare cab and Chassis. 1450 KG rear and 2230 KG front.

java

Expedition Leader
What are you sitting at for weight loaded? Weighed my chassis today and I'm 8096 lbs bare cab and Chassis. 1450 KG rear and 2230 KG front.
Last I weighed was 14,240lbs, that was two adults, one kid, two 100lb dogs, half tank water and half tank gas. I've added some shelves and whatnot since, probably a couple hundred lbs. (and lost a dog :( ) so that should be close. I'm maxed on my front axle though with the long wheel base, 6200lbs on the front.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
my kodiak is at the shop for the front air suspension and some work on the rear... i 'can' do all of it myself, but finally on this job decided between the HOA and limited time to just pay someone else to do it. after reading your experience with working on it in the driveway i think my back and my patience are glad even if my budget is not! hope it works out and rides like you want it when done

java

Expedition Leader
my kodiak is at the shop for the front air suspension and some work on the rear... i 'can' do all of it myself, but finally on this job decided between the HOA and limited time to just pay someone else to do it. after reading your experience with working on it in the driveway i think my back and my patience are glad even if my budget is not! hope it works out and rides like you want it when done
I did the front, and tried to pay to to the rear (twice now!) and I ended up doing half it myself anyway. Can't wait to see how yours works Out!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I'm not sure what's going on in the world. My Atlas springs have been flawless. I did have a problem with some skyjacker brake lines. I talked to support and they were supposed to send me a banjo fitting. Instead, I got a bag full of nylock nuts???????

IMAG0703.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure what's going on in the world. My Atlas springs have been flawless. I did have a problem with some skyjacker brake lines. I talked to support and they were supposed to send me a banjo fitting. Instead, I got a bag full of nylock nuts???????

View attachment 472460

Who knows.... Still nothing from Atlas. Oh well, I am moving on.

Anyone need a Maxxfan? 5100k (white, 10 speed reversible w/ auto temp) I got one warrantied, Maxxfan was GREAT by the way, emailed them about it, sent one picture of the issue (a tab broke, probably from bouncing down a road open....) and the SN and they mailed me a whole new unit! But I would really like one with the remote as my wife can't reach the ceiling...... If someone wants to buy this one I would love to sell it and buy a remote one. They could only do a like unit exchange.

Chorky

Observer
Oh man this sounds terrible!

I had considered doing Atlas springs as well, but after getting into all my work and not knowing future weights I found out that SD (10th gen) 250 springs ended up giving me the perfect ride... Except for the Bilstein shocks (junk).

If you really wanted to you could file a BBB? I did that with ATT recently actually, seems it was the only way to get them to listen. I have heard so many great things about atlas. Maybe they just screwed up and are super nervous to make it right? Although that certainly is NO excuse from a company...

Maybe I missed something, but are you also replacing the shocks at the same time? I think its always a good idea to do shocks if your doing springs. Unless theyre already new.

But now that I just saw pappa's post hahahahha...maybe theyre training someone new who doesn't know how to take orders correctly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz