Colorado ZR2 Airbags

ttengineer

Adventurer
Damn.

Glad I don’t fit in those tiny little things anyway.

I hate it for those that it has happened to though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Kinda wheelin that white truck hard. Time to get some more grippy tires so you can slow down a bit.

Still not hard enough for airbags, but lolz, that's poetic.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Read the comments after that article. The ZL1 video is crazy. Seems to be a common issue throughout most of GM's range. The worse part about it is that GM is taking no blame and charging $4000 plus to repair it. Wow.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Joke flew right over your head huh...
This forum isn’t a ********, don’t take it so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, the forum isn't a ******** but this dude is a tiny little one!
Not a joke when he trolls every thread he can just to insult any brand that isn't ford, you can suck up his garbage but it gets old, time for him to let both cajones drop, become a grown up and get over the passive aggresive little girl act!

Fair nuff. Didn’t realize that, don’t venture out of the Nissan section to much.
Back to the topic at hand. Gm isn’t the only brand that has had issues with this. My fronty has, I believe a voluntary recall for airbag deployment during off road driving.

Jc1986.carter

Fair nuff. Didn’t realize that, don’t venture out of the Nissan section to much.
Back to the topic at hand. Gm isn’t the only brand that has had issues with this. My fronty has, I believe a voluntary recall for airbag deployment during off road driving.

When did that voluntary recall take place, just for my own information/ possible trip to the dealer.

docwatson

Adventurer
Gm isn’t the only brand that has had issues with this. My fronty has, I believe a voluntary recall for airbag deployment during off road driving.

That's interesting. If its the side-curtain as well, maybe its just the way the sensors interpret the side to side motion that can occur offroad. I agree that the guy in the video could have slowed down but it seemed like it occurred after I expected to. Its a shame that GM won't stand up for it though. Most car companies don't these days.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I don't get how they can get away with it? It's not like the side of the truck is caved in. If I was him, I'd rockcrawl on the dealers corvettes.

Raptor forums effect??? Maybe it's legal nonsense. Air bags are loud. His passenger has a decent legal case. That's 168db. Fine, if it saves your skull from a Kenworths bumper. But not so cool if it goes off for no apparent reason. Someone's going to get pay'd.

https://hearinghealthmatters.org/hearinginternational/2012/the-international-threat-of-air-bags/

Last edited:

Mo4130

Adventurer

When did that voluntary recall take place, just for my own information/ possible trip to the dealer.

I don’t recall I just remember hearing about it. To be fair I need to look into it. I have done some pretty off camber trails in my truck with out an issue. But that’s anecdotal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz