2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

CaptainBuilt

Thanks!

You weren't lying on how much drilling the spring hangers sucks.....

fAD9ZOMl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Finally drilled all the holes for the spring hangers. And painted them.

TlXEshYl.jpg

Unit bearings came in, and I painted them too. I swear UJOR must go through some paint at their shop.

EE7Q9Gil.jpg

UXcuAoJl.jpg

Still waiting on axle seals. Then I can finish assembling the axle. I may do the lift in the rear since I won't drive the van again before I have wheels and tires.

djbonsu

Adventurer
Looking good! I like what you did with the new roof! Re: the axle, add some silicone to the passenger knuckle vacuum port under the u-joint steering arm and the drivers side knuckle to prevent water intrusion later on. Grab the nylon inserts Chris sells for the unit bearings and swap out the nedle bearings for them. It will prolong the life of the unit bearings. Also check the inner axle seals near the differential, may want to swap them out for re-assurance.

CaptainBuilt

Looking good! I like what you did with the new roof! Re: the axle, add some silicone to the passenger knuckle vacuum port under the u-joint steering arm and the drivers side knuckle to prevent water intrusion later on. Grab the nylon inserts Chris sells for the unit bearings and swap out the nedle bearings for them. It will prolong the life of the unit bearings. Also check the inner axle seals near the differential, may want to swap them out for re-assurance.

I sure will look into it. Thanks!

Big progress, nice.

Thanks!

A video of the spring hanger install:

CaptainBuilt

OK, I'm done for the next month, as I'm going back to work.

Didn't get the axle seals installed, but no biggie. BUT, I did manage to start on the folding part of the wheelchair / motorcycle lift. Still needs angle iron on the sides and expanded metal over it. I already have the expanded metal. I'm a half day away from rolling a bike on it.

Open:

LO9JZpll.jpg

OVTsSOel.jpg

Folded:

mBCqAuHl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Really digging that fan in the window

Right? One of the UJOR guys van had it. Pretty cool idea.

Before I went to work, I was stuck at my father in laws house for a few days. He owns a few NAPA stores in Louisiana, so I got the rest of my parts at cost. Which was the rotors / calipers / tie rods. And since I was sitting around, I went ahead and painted everything up.

Used brake caliper paint on the rotors:

oE1r20pl.jpg

Calipers:

o0Ok1iOl.jpg

Tie rods were already painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles