Costco deal again -- 128 GB IPad -- $349

Heavyopp

Observer
So went to costco this morning-- as always I check the pricing on the current iPad offerings

This morning and until Sept 2 the standard, 128gb wifi only iPad was on sale -- $40 off -- making the price $349 plus tax

I use Gaia and 128 GB is a lot of map storage - I've been using an iPad 2 16 GB with a Bad Elf Gps

needless to say, I bought the new 128GB iPad -- gonna be a huge upgrade

Just in case you're looking...

penangtoy

Adventurer
Damn just missed the deal ! Do you need an iPad version that comes with wifi and cellular option to use HEMA , GaIA apps when on the trail or on and offload?
Thanks

Last edited:

Heavyopp

Observer
The standard iPad does not have a gps antenna in it — to get that you need the cellular version if you only want to use an ipad

I use the standard version with a bad elf gps locator — the bad elf uses Bluetooth to connect to the ipad

No need for a cellular capable iPad — from what I understand there are a few different gps pucks the will connect thru bluetooth

The upside is the iPad can be anywhere in the vehicle, no need for it to see the sky — just the gps puck needs or should have a sky view

MTSN

Explorer
About 6 months ago, Costco was running a sweet deal on the latest 9.7" Ipad Pro 128gb with cellular (no contract needed) for $399. I've done the whole wifi tablet plus GPS antenna in the past, and I didn't particularly care for the hassle - one more item to keep track of, charge/hook up to power, etc. The Ipad running GAIA has been amazing, and it definitely doesn't need a direct unobstructed view of the sky to work. I use a Ram mount attached to a seat wedge that just slips between the middle console and passenger seat and "installs" in seconds. Here it is how I use it, and I'm very happy I went with a cell tablet:

ZbBcyriTHGyx2uN7yOpcVOeyN-iAiUfP6-kPEvsclZ7UPmOe0u_adeWOBJ9NgGDUKdyRMq9I7Y_u-nSPvUXg4E1uDRKNAi7hRKzMbvhEH3duB4NbmQHeZEVidl8a5OysGcFskWdTLwzUoOSG9850EHhGbHD1aBpxhXcrb4hwOhLW66_6tuZF7-DtzQej4sb5Cos9rjiuBTUVGv2VD4SiVA5fcTN_XkDfzv47AExkdKHBsxmUpdID99GfZVTo62rjzENO-y9TRDCWDJmu3j8Rg9hsB9Ik__EGkdOC-U-0GT8_x-Cd6zcMiq0crwBvELP-sDio5OGt9xMrp9NDYIP3juvufDtcLQXKO8EXfXE3RTYXF1JWtU6TGaqHsmnhyD3_tlLIXWH4P5WMcNoyVqnbH3VhrEM1zXUgCqmtiTe0CA6VBp67Z2EAmsndWesVNOiRv-CLZjtf9S4_LZ9fUIQYXeYgfoSMpknUV5E6FYHhS4Bh93sY46u_zEFNLJw-aDQtJleT_m-KqmZbq_Ed6NlKIyQdgfMjwfPDvDYeQmizBNMqjZjAtYGn8yD93QFKX3c-TdB8anKM3Y-FkO_SKcYovMmAAVtyLomyzEOvnrtl_euRE-WVAfjcsFAtUAoucg6Sw_nR_R883yAaxpfvVuPO6LpoI_gLa_X2m54kkOKAqGvzYgApXOJpCzjhLQ=w1454-h969-no

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior