2017 Tacoma Suspension Questions

08Silverado

Adventurer
Hello,

I have some questions and need your feedback! Heres where I am with my 2017 Tacoma Offroad

OME 888 Coils
Bilstein 5100 Shocks on the bottom setting
SPC UCA
Cooper Discover STT Pro 285/70/17
SCS Wheels 17/8 4.3" backspace -10mm offset
Dakar heavy duty leaf pack
Extended Bilstein 5100 shocks in the back

I have done a cab mount chop and have trimmed the inner fenders some to alleviate rubbing. However, when I take off camber turns and lock the wheel in either direction on un-level ground I'm experiencing some tire rub where the fender liner meets the fender flare. I know the obvious answer may be to keep trimming plastic until the rubbing goes away but I'm looking for what other answers you may have.

On another note...I would like the truck to sit a little more level and have less rake. Ideally Id like the front to sit a little higher. I've included some pictures of my alignment specs and some pictures of the truck.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions on how I can alleviate the rubbing and the best way to give the front a little higher stance.

zwsfCer2TqWtxioJNd6Lhg.jpgfullsizeoutput_57ae.jpegfullsizeoutput_5840.jpegfullsizeoutput_583c.jpeg

Mojlnir

Raising the setting on the front shocks will raise the front end and may help with the rubbing. You'll have to experiment. I'm no alignment expert but those numbers look good - but they'll likely change as you raise the front end so be sure to check it again afterwards.

Keep in mind too that you have the HD Dakars - adding weight to the rear will change your rake.

Nice pics...where were they taken?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Raising the setting on the front shocks will raise the front end and may help with the rubbing. You'll have to experiment.
Not unless you lower the bump stops, too. The suspension is still cycling through the same range so lifting alone doesn't let you fit larger tires on the Tacoma. If a tire rubs stocks it can rub lifted when fully stuffed. Standard lifts just move you down in your travel window, less down travel exchanged for more up from your static position.
I'm no alignment expert but those numbers look good - but they'll likely change as you raise the front end so be sure to check it again afterwards.
The numbers are generally what you want, zero camber, zero toe-in and greater than 2 degrees (which is I think stock) negative caster. If you have a good alignment guy who's willing to mess with your upper ball joint on the those SPCs you could reduce the caster a degree or even two to center the wheel better.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...driving-report-with-light-racing-ucas.158795/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior