Econoline Van Swivel Seat Bases

1der

Observer
Interested in a passenger base. Can you message me price+shipping to 13035?

Hi! Thanks for the interest in the seat bases.

A PASSENGER swivel shipped to a 13035 address is $53 shipping cost. I am looking to ship these ~ January 14th, 2019. Let me know if you want anything else, the list is after my signature.

Pricing is $195 for PASSENGER plus the $53.00 shipping costs via FedEx Ground from zip 94127 (San Francisco). Total $248

Payment is via PayPal to searay230@gmail.com
Please choose "Friends and Family", we are friends through the forum. If you choose "Merchandise", please add 3.2% to cover the fees PayPal will deduct from the payment I receive.

Last edited:

jmbrowning

Have a 2008 E350 and found a plastic box underneath the passenger seat. What is this thing and does your swivel base for the passenger side accommodate it or does it require relocation of the box?

Alternatively, can I install the driver side on the passenger side as it has the clearance built in to the swivel base?

1der

Observer
Hi! The plastic box is just a storage box. The swivel seat bases completely replace the metal pedestal the seat mounts to.

If you are interested, I have a buy on right now for January 14ish ship out. Passenger is $195, Driver (non power) is $205 plus shipping. Send me a zip code for shipping quote.

Thxs, Ray.

Smoker

Observer
I finally got around to installing a set in my other van, an '03. Since the original seat covers and frame were in horrible shape, I bought a set of front seats from a guy who was parting out an '08 up van. I took the bases and wiring harness and had the newer seats recovered. When I went to install the fresh seats I noticed the wiring harness was slightly different. So I rewired to use the new harness. Having installed a set of swivels in my other van, the actual install was going to be a snap. I got the passenger bolted in and everything was great until I tested out the seat belt. The seat belt did not fit the receiver in the new seat. Raft farts!! I certainly missed that in other build threads. I was pretty bummed, but set backs in van builds seem par for the course. I took out the seat and then swapped out the receivers and pretensioners. Was a time set back, but not too difficult. I finished the install of the swivels, which are awesome.

1der

Observer
Smoker - I recently ran into that issue when swapping seat belt tensioner units in a 1998 rig. The airbag warning lights was flashing a code that the passenger seat tensioner was bad.

I order the belt (crash) tensioner, which comes with the seat belt buckle receiver, and found the buckle tab was not latching. This was after rewiring as you did because the harness/ connectors were not the same.

This is something to take into account if switching seats or seat belts. Make sure you keep the belt sets matched as you discovered - the seat belt buckle tab and receivers are not always the same test to year. Or if ordering parts, make sure the part numbers are EXACTLY the same as what you are replacing.

The swivel bases do not change anything with the belts.

1der

Observer
Let me know if you are in for January 2019 ship. I have responded to everyone here who has inquired. I have a limited number of extras. Thxs! Ray

1der

Observer
Looks like some more Econoline swivel seat bases will be available for mid May! Pricing holding right now for that time frame at $195 Passenger and $205 for Driver. PM me if any questions. I need a zip code and what you want - passenger and/or driver.

Thxs! Ray

Reactions: WVI

1der

Observer
Mid May - I will have a limited number of extra brand new swivel seat bases for Passenger and Driver seats. Bolt in fit for 1997 to 2013 vans. See prior post for orde info. First paid - first served. Thxs.

Jmacn

Mid May - I will have a limited number of extra brand new swivel seat bases for Passenger and Driver seats. Bolt in fit for 1997 to 2013 vans. See prior post for orde info. First paid - first served. Thxs.
Wish you had some for Chevy!

2_Chihuahuas

Hi -- a couple of questions: will these swivels work with the Sienna reclining seats? If so, do you think there's any way I could either get a Sienna reclining seat on a (driver's side) power base (I don't even know if they're available on power bases), or get a power base to work with your swivel base on one of those Sienna seats?

1der

Observer
No, these will not work with Sienna seats nor will they work with the stock Ford Power seat. These swivel bases replace the stock pedestals so the seat remains at the same height and rake. The sienna seats need a much shorter base to work.

1der

Observer
If anyone else is interested I have a few extra swivel seat bases available for shipment next week.
These swivel bases replace the stock Ford seat pedestals on the manual sets and are bolt in.

One Driver and 5 passengers, as of now. First come, first served.
Send me zip code so I can get shipping and payment info to you.
Thxs! Ray

1der

Observer
Driver is SOLD.

If you want a Driver, let me know. I will see if I can get one more, otherwise it will have to wait for my next round.

Five Passengers left.

2_Chihuahuas

No, these will not work with Sienna seats nor will they work with the stock Ford Power seat. These swivel bases replace the stock pedestals so the seat remains at the same height and rake. The sienna seats need a much shorter base to work.
OK, thanks for that info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94