2013 Xterra - DD and camping build

OutdoorAZ

2013 Nissan xterra "S" trim bought used in the beginning of 2018 with about 80k miles on it. Completely stock aside from the radio.

Mods so far:

Exterior:
-Shrockworks rear bumper
-Shrockworks mid skid
-Shrockwork radiator skid
-OME shocks all around
-OME Dakar leafs
-Melt mod
-285/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar AT tires
-Trailer wire harness

Interior:
-Dog hammock
-Touchscreen deck
-A119c dash cam
-Rear cargo shelf

Maintenance log (starting in 2019):
-Oil changed 1/13/19
-Oil change ? didnt write down date
-Oil change 8/14/19 106,500 miles!

To do list:
-CB radio
-Diff breathers
-100k maintenance
-Rear locker
-organize tool kit to fit in rear storage cubby
-Explore!

Last edited:

OutdoorAZ

Doggo approves and likes tagging along

Been out exploring mostly local areas in the desert and a couple camping trips.

I sold my 2000 4x4 tacoma to buy something a little better suited to camping w/ my dog and girlfriend.

Last trip I took it on was a great time but it was a turning point, it needed a lot of maintenance and i wanted something w/ a real back seat and dry/sheltered storage.

OutdoorAZ

New tires went on today, and i did the melt mod once I got home. Super easy and no more rubbing! Will take some pictures tomorrow.

OutdoorAZ

Packed up the X and escaped for the weekend w/ my girlfriend and pup. Had a great time up on the rim. Didn't do too much exploring but found some spots to camp at next time!

Next trip I will have figured out how to get the oztent up on the roof. Will be much more comfortable.

OutdoorAZ

Went out to Bulldog Canyon today to spend some time outside and let the dog run around. There is one little hill climb on the route I like to take and its just enough for Teal to want to get out of the X and watch. She said this time I took a little bit of a different line and had a tire almost a foot off the ground! I had no idea from inside.. Felt plenty stable and walked up.

Didn't take any pics this time so here are a couple from last time.

OutdoorAZ

Went camping with my Dad and little brother this weekend. We don't spend enough time together so this was a great way to spend the weekend. The end goal was to spend the afternoon on top of Aztec peak, we headed that way the most direct route, the Apache trail driving past Canyon Lake, Apache Lake and Roosevelt lake.
yFbkvaj.jpg

AUcUqEL.jpg

R7yh7JS.jpg

From Roosevelt we took the 188 South to the 288, we followed that up and up stopping multiple times to check out the views.

Ah7sdm5.jpg

UOMS5Ra.jpg

Continuing on we got to the forest road that leads up to Aztec peak. Historically there was a lot of mining in the area, uranium in particular.

zR0NWrX.jpg

SnISrnc.jpg

aEw5Oho.jpg

Made a stop at Workman Creek Falls.

OwzRiEL.jpg

KauMmMD.jpg

TTKVdkq.jpg

On top of Aztec peak the views were spectacular.

XLAc4qL.jpg

2N9MjQP.jpg

After spending about an hour on the top we headed down to find a place to camp. We found a spot a little lower and enjoyed a night talking around the campfire until it just got too cold and we called it a night. Didn't really take any pictures in camp unfortunately.

This morning we made some breakfast, packed up and started heading on back home. We stopped along the Salt river for a little bit to explore.

QWT8Tew.jpg

dm0etCS.jpg

hFTZW9B.jpg

Then we made the drive down through Globe and back home. Great short camping trip!

Last edited:

OutdoorAZ

Im going to start on a roof rack to hold my oztent. Working out the kinks now and going to buy the material tonight.

Going to use angle aluminum for the long bars/sides and 1ft pieces of flat bar for the cross bars that the tent will sit on.

Only thing im struggling w/ is how to mount the rack to the oval shaped roof rack cross bars. Thinking u bolts.

OutdoorAZ

Nice. Seems like most of us X owners get around to some kind of storage mod at some point. Taking advantage of the vertical space back there helps a lot.

Yep, lots of potential space back there but i hate stacking things so that you have to dig to get to it all. This solves that issue mostly. I can get into the bottom storage w/ out taking out my cooler and other stuff now and the cooler will be strapped down securely. Big win.

Now i just have to figure out my roof rack situation for my oztent.

OutdoorAZ

Got my shrockworks radiator skid on last night. Fought with it for almost 2 hours. Once i pulled it off, took a short break and tried it a 2nd time it only took 20 min.

The bolts for the sway bar that it uses gave me the majority of the trouble. The trick was having them out only as far as I had to and then wiggle and ********** the skid into place. Smooth sailing after that.

OutdoorAZ

Picked up a quick fist to mount my Co2 tank against the storage shelf.

20190129_121217.jpg

20190129_121316.jpg

Something with a ratchet would probably be easier to get tight but a pair of pliers let me get it tight. The air hose should reach the front tires so hopefully i wont need to take it out often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior