New Jeep Pick Up to be unveiled...The Gladiator

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Regardless of price, towing, etc, let’s start talking about mods for this.

I’m think a Maltec or AluCab insert or full bed replacement. Extra water tanks and fuel tanks underneath.

Who do you think will be the first to market with a cap, camper, cage for RTT?

Do you think the JT axles will end up being an upgrade option on the JL?

Give that it has a 5 foot bed, I see no reason a whole bunch of the campers on the market already won't fit - Adventure Trailers Habitat, GFC, all those other new-fangled once that have been invented since I have been away, etc.

But I'm with you, I'll be excited to see if anyone tries to bring a full bed replacement to market. It will be the AEV Outpost II, but could probably be longer overall and doesn't need the frame stretch. Also has the engine and axles from the factory to handle the weight.

-Dan

Wallygator

Adventurer
I'm sure it will be plenty capable in the Rubicon trim and probably has best or close to it tow ratings so please don't let your bias degrade the facts. Interested in seeing how the diesel version does.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
So far I'm ''meh''. It's not a cc truck, or a jeep. I suppose that legroom, and that availability of light and cheap campers for it, could swing my opinion. Not if it has toothpick axles that we'll slaughter on the first trip though.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Yeah didn't say anything about reliability either which has been hit or miss with Jeep. But I thought they fixed the axle issue? Also I can imagine the price of that thing is gonna be crazy high.

Clutch

<---Pass
So far I'm ''meh''. It's not a cc truck, or a jeep. I suppose that legroom, and that availability of light and cheap campers for it, could swing my opinion. Not if it has toothpick axles that we'll slaughter on the first trip though.

Midsize CCSB trucks seem to sell like hotcakes. See it pulling quite a few sales from the midsize truck market for guys who want solid axle....and diesel. Being able to remove the roof is kinda cool too.

I am not much of a Jeep guy, and think those crew cab stumpy bed trucks are kinda useless, but for some reason kinda like it.

Extra cab 6' bed option sure would be sweet.

I bet you can get a new power wagon cheaper than a rubicon gladiator. For me the power wagon would be an easy choice.

Couldn't live with that 10 mpg. JK's aren't cheap, and they are friken everywhere here, heavily mall crawler modded too.

They are going to have a hard time keeping the Gladiator on the lots is my guess.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Midsize CCSB trucks seem to sell like hotcakes. See it pulling quite a few sales from the midsize truck market for guys who want solid axle....and diesel. Being able to remove the roof is kinda cool too.

I am not much of a Jeep guy, and think those crew cab stumpy bed trucks are kinda useless, but for some reason kinda like it.

Extra cab 6' bed option sure would be sweet.

Couldn't live with that 10 mpg. JK's aren't cheap, and they are friken everywhere here, heavily mall crawler modded too.

They are going to have a hard time keeping the Gladiator on the lots is my guess.
I think they are getting 12 to 13, what I thought anyways? Maybe the 2020 models will get an 8 speed for a little improvement. My powerstroke only gets 14.5mpg, when you factor fuel expense and increased maintenance the 12mpg would probably be cheaper.

Clutch

<---Pass
I think they are getting 12 to 13, what I thought anyways? Maybe the 2020 models will get an 8 speed for a little improvement. My powerstroke only gets 14.5mpg, when you factor fuel expense and increased maintenance the 12mpg would probably be cheaper.

Thought they are 10-11...at least what I have read.

Gas Gladiator should be around 19-20. Guessing diesel 25/28.

Even though you can buy more truck for less. I see the Gladiator outselling the PW.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Thought they are 10-11...at least what I have read.

Gas Gladiator should be around 19-20. Guessing diesel 25/28.

Even though you can buy more truck for less. I see the Gladiator outselling the PW.
You are right about that. Those that want to "be seen", will want to in the jeep. In the power wagon you are just in a work truck. Although 25mpg and 7500lb towing would be pretty sweet for those that don't need a big truck.

Clutch

<---Pass
You are right about that. Those that want to "be seen", will want to in the jeep. In the power wagon you are just in a work truck. Although 25mpg and 7500lb towing would be pretty sweet for those that don't need a big truck.

Diesel, solid axles..can toss on 37's with hardly any effort. Coupled with one of those new Wedge style campers...I see it being the new "hawt" gotta have overland vehicle.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My 6.0 Chevy gets that kinda mpg on factory mild rubber. I'd be impressed if the power wagon got that.

Now that I think about it the gladiator reminds me of a Subaru baja... It just doesn't look right to me.

Clutch

<---Pass
Regardless of price, towing, etc, let’s start talking about mods for this.

I’m think a Maltec or AluCab insert or full bed replacement. Extra water tanks and fuel tanks underneath.

Who do you think will be the first to market with a cap, camper, cage for RTT?

Do you think the JT axles will end up being an upgrade option on the JL?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne