Night Shots of Camp

RubeGoldberg

Post 'em up. Your best shots of camp at night.

No sunset pictures.
No sunrise pictures.

I want NIGHT shots ONLY!

Bonus points for awesome Milky Way shots with light painted vehicles or lit up tents, because those kind of pictures make me drool on my keyboard.

Here's my best, now you go!

i-Zb22zdx-X2.jpg

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Post 'em up. Your best shots of camp at night.

No sunset pictures.
No sunrise pictures.

I want NIGHT shots ONLY!

Bonus points for awesome Milky Way shots with light painted vehicles or lit up tents, because those kind of pictures make me drool on my keyboard.

Here's my best, now you go!

i-Zb22zdx-X2.jpg

Nice picture. Curious to find out how did you light up the tent so evenly, especially the overhang? Been practicing with night shots but still playing around with the lighting

Rlhydn

Haven’t tried stacking or tracking yet, these are single shots off of my Panasonic G9

One with the Milky Way already setting behind the trees, the other - the Moon so bright it looks like day, and the stars are barely visible.

PANA3163.jpgIMG_0787_polarr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
First off, I did NOT take either of these two pics. When I was still able to ride dual sport motorcycles I spent a lot of time paging through the ADV Rider web site. I found both pics there. If someone knows who the photographers are, I'd love to have their names posted here.

Dark Skies Over Muley Point. Think this was taken around 2009.

Dark Skies over Muley Point.jpg

Vulcan Fuego, Central America circa 2016. The photographer was on a solo trip when he caught the erupting volcano from his camp site.

Volcan_Fuego_20170224_195652_DSC00183_web-1024x683.jpg

rkj__

Adventurer
I don't have anything particularly impressive from a photography perspective, but I'll throw this one up anyways.

This thread is good motivation to try for a better night shot though. Last time I tried, the mosquitoes were attacking me ferociously, so I bailed on the effort.

IMG_1660 by Ryan Jakob, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94