Trailer box dimensions?

lilgription

Observer
For you guys that’s built trailers. What’s a good size box to go with 4x6 , 4x8 , 3x5 or other custom ? Just curious what the most common dimensions were for gear haulers.

honda250xtitan

4x8 sounds nice. whatever size you think you need, make it a bit longer. you'll find more ******** to throw in the trailer. mine is 4x6 i think. but the front is triangular so i lose ALOT of space there. It's also right about 26" tall. opening heights are 24" due to the 2" square tubing.

Brianj5600

How much stuff are you going to carry? What are you pulling with? Are you only going on paved and gravel roads or more technical?

lilgription

Observer
Basic camping gear for 3-4 days. A fishing kayak on top. As of now being towed by an XJ. And the roads will be of all sorts, 4wd is a must on a few but it will see its share of asphalt . 31’ tires, possibly storage area in front for batteries and converter

colorado matt

Adventurer
4x6 30 inches tall ... side boxes ..adjustable rack for RTT ... having the tent and bedding up top makes my box seem huge ... but you will fill whatever you go with ....Matt

tatanka48

when planning a trailer to tow behind the Jeep i begin w/ designing the trailer track width to match the Jeep's

at the same time i factor in the same wheel/tire configuration as the Jeep

one trailer spare and one Jeep spare provides 2 spares total that can go in any of the 6 possible positions w/o issue

for off roading/back country travel the trailer(box n fenders) width shall not exceed the width of the Jeep

once those parameters are met the length of the box may be determined to suit the trailer's worst case scenario needs

the worst case scenario of a trailer might be simply hauling dirt bikes or hauling fence posts or supporting a tent/bed or hauling building materials for a cabin or hauling poles to run eectricity to remote areas...

as the builder/buyer only you can determine the length n depth... you need

T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior