New trailer problems

BlackdogGS

Observer
I bought a new 17’ toy hauler and I’m working out some of the problems. One issue is the bathroom door. I originally thought it was warped but it turns out the far (forward) wall is crooked. The bottom of the wall could stand to come out 1/2”. Its under warranty but I would rather fix it myself. How would you tackle it? Or am I being too anal?

76A2A110-2BA7-4875-B8E2-96012484733B.jpeg

Not to too anal, in my opinion. That would drive me crazy. With that said, I'm all for fixing things myself, but unless it's a 10 minute job, I'd take advantage of the warranty on that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BlackdogGS

Observer
I’ll probably take it in, just not looking forward to taking it back to Portland. It takes a day just getting it there than driving back home. I haven’t even used it yet.

GHI

Adventurer
I can't help you with the how to fix it. I can only sometimes hammer a nail in straight. I have this buddy who can make or fix anything though. Great guy to know. He bought a new 5th wheel this past season. He has had so many problems with the thing including what you are describing. He dragged it back to the dealership numerous times to have them fix the stuff based on the principle of "warranty." He was absolutely miffed at the ordeal.

Each time he picked it up he found they had compounded the issue by not fixing it correctly or created new issues with their work. It was a major hassle to drag it back and forth and he missed out on a good deal of his usual summer camping.

I'd for sure fix it myself if I were in your shoes. Well, actually I'd have my friend come over to assist. Good luck.

Is it just the wall with the hinges attached that is not straight? Hard to tell from the picture, but that appears like it would be a simpler fix if it is just that side. Can you get some more pictures?

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Take it back!! Could be a bigger problem and once you touch it they will be able to say "repairs were not done by a qualified person". A friend had a similar problem and once the repair shop got into it found out that the trailer frame was not square. Entire unit had to go back to the manufacturer and be rebuilt. Better to get it done now before summer.

Take it back!! Could be a bigger problem and once you touch it they will be able to say "repairs were not done by a qualified person". A friend had a similar problem and once the repair shop got into it found out that the trailer frame was not square. Entire unit had to go back to the manufacturer and be rebuilt. Better to get it done now before summer.
I completely agree. Not touching that one sounds like the best route. Better to have any potential unseen issues fall into their laps than yours.

dreadlocks

I nearly bought one of these, quality on em was just terrible and unnerved me, I feel like I dodged a bullet by finding something better... good luck, I'd take it back, that whole bathroom needs reframed more than likely.. though if there is anything more shoddy than these budget builders its the ppl who sell/warranty em.

Agfadoc

Get a framing square and determine what wall isn't straight, take it with you back to the dealership. You'll need it to show them what is out of square. Then use it to verify when they do the repair, so you aren't travelling back and forth with it. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94