Telescoping RTT Rack Design Question

Mccaf

Adventurist
Wow. You guys are great!

I think I prefer the gas strut method due to cost and the time my builder would require for the linear actuators.

So my question is has anyone actually used the struts internally like in post #35 above? Aside from choosing the correct
Strut based on the lifting weight required, are there any disadvantages vs externally mounting the struts?

Since we have not selected the RTT yet we only know what the weight of the rack is.

Thanks for any great advice!

JKChad

Observer
Wow. You guys are great!

I think I prefer the gas strut method due to cost and the time my builder would require for the linear actuators.

So my question is has anyone actually used the struts internally like in post #35 above? Aside from choosing the correct
Strut based on the lifting weight required, are there any disadvantages vs externally mounting the struts?

Since we have not selected the RTT yet we only know what the weight of the rack is.

Thanks for any great advice!

I have 60lb, 19.75" stroke, struts installed internally on my rack. Mine is working good so far. I have a build thread if you search for a my post. Ihave some tweaks I will be doing over the next few months to improve the rack lifting and lowering ability. I'm definitely happy I went with gas struts for now. Far more simplified. Trailer V2.0 may have linear actuators but I will have been able to learn a lot about expo trailers and what I want out of one by then.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

traveler57

Observer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne