Good luck Kiichiro!! From a 460 to a Prado 150 MC (後期)

GreenbowCounty

2011 GX460 Premium
Driver Assist Package
Starfire Pearl
(077)

Most recent pictures: (5/5/19) After suspension kit install515518.

Suspension:
Dobinson KDSS rear coils
Dobinson Performance shocks rear
Dobinson Coilovers front
Dobinson rear airbag delete kit
Dobinson Upper Control Arms rear
Dobinson Lower Control Arms rear
Rokmen adjustable panhard bar
JBA Upper Control Arms
Dobinson differential drop kit

Performance:
Unimod
Wheeler's Offroad extended front and rear brake lines

Lighting:
Prado insignia lights up front
LED interiors

Wheels/Tires:
Fuel Tech Wheels
BFG KO2 285/75/17 tires

JDM:
Prado rocker panels

Last edited:

GreenbowCounty

After wanting and looking for the past two years I finally pulled the trigger on a 460 that met all of my parameters. I specifically wanted the following:
-Ecru interior with a Starfire Pearl exterior.
-Less than 90k miles
-Zero accidents
-Zero rust

I don't have much faith in Lexus/Toyota leather but the condition of these seats are immaculate and I intend to keep it that way. I saw plenty of charred looking driver seats but the Semi-aniline leather has been well taken care of and was well detailed by Park Place Lexus in Grapevine.

I went back and forth between the base model and a Premium however after seeing this pop up on Cars.com and after getting detailed information and particulars from Park Place Lexus I decided to pull the trigger and purchase as a Christmas present to myself. Truly excited about this truck and can't wait to contribute and learn from fellow enthusiasts here on Expo as I make this 'my 460!' I name my vehicles and this one I've named Kiichiro after Kiichiro Toyoda, the founder of Toyota Motor Company (that's him hanging out in my avatar space) and the son of Sakichi Toyoda, founder of Toyota Industries which gave birth to the entire Toyota group.

Some Stats:
-87xxx miles
-Company car turned personal (3 previous owners)
-$24,500 paid
-Purchased December 24th 2018
-Southern vehicle with no rust (Texas)
-No accidents!

18431997669_666631b5ee3a316e42c17ff97e82704df2c316a1.jpg

As it appeared on Cars.com.
img_0302_41344d0bf251970f58a4c4dda43481cf4f895068.jpg

Dealer window sticker

Last edited:

GreenbowCounty

Completed items:
Performance:
Unimod Filter install

Wheels and Tires:
Fuel Tech Anthracite Wheels 17"
BFG KO2 285/70/17

Lighting:
LEDs throughout interior

Modest:
Husky liners

Upcoming Modifications and Upgrades:
-Routine maintenance
-Third row delete
-MTS Module install

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Is that your Surf? I’ve seen a thread on it elsewhere. It is cute how you call the 460 a “truck”. If that IS your Surf, a link to its build would be great, and I have no doubts the 460 will become truly ************! Welcome to ExPo!

GreenbowCounty

Is that your Surf? I’ve seen a thread on it elsewhere. It is cute how you call the 460 a “truck”. If that IS your Surf, a link to its build would be great, and I have no doubts the 460 will become truly ************! Welcome to ExPo!

It is, I'm terrible about build threads but promised I'd do a proper one this time around for the 460 so do bear with me. Here is the link to my SURF: Hannibal

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
There ya go. I knew I’d seen a thread on that beauty before. It’s understandable that you don’t get to build threads. There is so much work gone into that thing that you wouldn’t have much spare time to do one. Unless one is doing innovative or ground breaking stuff, build threads are a bit of vanity I think. It IS nice to get ideas from them though, so there is that. I do admit to reading the good ones...

GreenbowCounty

There ya go. I knew I’d seen a thread on that beauty before. It’s understandable that you don’t get to build threads. There is so much work gone into that thing that you wouldn’t have much spare time to do one. Unless one is doing innovative or ground breaking stuff, build threads are a bit of vanity I think. It IS nice to get ideas from them though, so there is that. I do admit to reading the good ones...

Lol, well do bear with me as I'll try and make it a good read!!

GreenbowCounty

Dobinson suspension lift will arrive next week but was able to get wheels and tires on yesterday. Fuel Tech Anthracite wheels (17") and BFG KO2s 285/70/17. Glad this Wisconsin winter is pretty much behind me. Looking forward to getting this thing cleaned up.508870508871

Last edited:

GreenbowCounty

You mean the removed body cladding?
I did. Will fill or wrap. I like the cleaner look of the Prado

Is that body damage I spy?
Yep, self-inflicted. Removed the cladding for a cleaner look and getting filled.

Dobinson suspension kit has been installed and the Prado rockers installed. Much better look than the USDM low hanging fruit version. I do have the steps as well and keeping off for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles