Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

Pangle

Wanderer
thanks, I re-purpose them to hold the legs of the bed when folded out. Pics are from an old build but same execution, works well and is simple. I put rubber feet on them these days also.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1824.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1824.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 52
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1825.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1825.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 52
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1826.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1826.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

RC413

Observer
"Removed all the stickers and saved the stripe for last... Ugg."

I would think twice about removing the stripe. That looks very nice, and it's going to be just boring white without it, especially if you remove the side scene lights also. Might as well just be a delivery truck.

Just my opinion...

It is quite reflective. I'll probably keep it until I can decide on what color or way to two tone it with the bottom bit in raptor coating or stuff.

Woah, a sliding door on an ambo box?! Makes sense, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.
f9c54687f8d7d1bb2ad286613f501c46.jpg

I was unsure of it at first, but it is easier than my mini van slider and not as loud. I have been really impressed. Handy as can be in close parking spots or in wind.

Thanks for the input guys!

eporter

Adventurer
Yeah, that seems nice with wind and clearances. My side door had a gas piston damper, but the back had none. I almost broke my arm once when one door was closed and the other blew shut in a gust...and my arm was in between... Kept thinking of a way to add a damper or lockout or something.

fourwhlcrzy

Just finished the build, more pics to come. Question to all you guys, Insurance? Talked to a few agents so far and no one will cover a converted Ambo. Its been inspected and reclassified as class c rv but there is no make and model.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 47

Coachgeo

Explorer
Just finished the build, more pics to come. Question to all you guys, Insurance? Talked to a few agents so far and no one will cover a converted Ambo. Its been inspected and reclassified as class c rv but there is no make and model.
look close at the chassis..... engine size etc. and find what it's equivalence is for that year (ford E250?). That is what you use.... It is a "Ford Ex50 with a box". DO NOT SAY AMBULANCE.... ever. Its a box with lot of exterior storage. If they want more detail... "its just an Ex50 with a strong box".... " folk have used them as Mobile Mechanics, Food trucks, Mobile command centers for city or County and other such things" which is all true!!!!

Pangle

Wanderer
I never say anything to them other than give them the VIN and Make/model like Coachgeo said.. E350 etc

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I have used the maker and box type for insurance quote (RV). In my case it was American La France and Medic Master and that got them past the fields they need to fill in to get quotes. But I still took it to my agent, had him take photos and send them to the underwriters to make sure they agreed to cover it.

CaulkinsCo.

Call progressive, they ask for nothing from me and it's insured as a 1998 Ford class b. They also allowed stated value. It did all seem way to easy so I'm not sure my case is normal. It's still registered as a e350 through DMV.

fourwhlcrzy

Unfortunately mine is an E-450 so the vin wont bring up a passenger vehicle in any insurance company online quote. A couple companies will cover converted buses, but not ambos. What kind of stupid ******** are guys doing with ambos to cause that? I was going to try progressive, site was broken, also email my homeowners agent.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately mine is an E-450 so the vin wont bring up a passenger vehicle in any insurance company online quote. A couple companies will cover converted buses, but not ambos. What kind of stupid **** are guys doing with ambos to cause that? I was going to try progressive, site was broken, also email my homeowners agent.

I have Progressive insurance, and when I asked them about insuring my ambo/trailer as a Camper Trailer, they told me no. They would not insure anything homemade, only factory built RVs, Travel Trailers, Camper Trailers, etc. Since the frame was built by a professional shop, it had a TIN (Trailer Identification Number) so when I registered it, I did so as a utility box trailer. I still don't have any insurance on it, but my vehicle policy should cover it if I'm involved in an accident with it, or fire or theft... I hope. Of course, we all generally have more money invested in the appliances, electrical system, plumbing system, building materials, and modifications, that the vehicle is worth itself. This stuff may or may not be covered in my case.

Last edited:

CaulkinsCo.

I should edit my response, they ask who the builder was and I said I would get back to them. That was 3 years ago so I think once you get past the initial person filling in the blanks on there screen nobody really cares what it is. I have also not had to use my insurance to prove what exactly they will stand behind

fourwhlcrzy

Got is covered by Progressive!! And my agent got it cheaper than I could. Back to this thread, heres some pics

Attachments

• IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 39

fourwhlcrzy

Cut the top of the storage box out to make room for a toilet with 8 gallon tank and dump valve

Attachments

• IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3253.JPG
    IMG_3253.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3254.JPG
    IMG_3254.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 61

fourwhlcrzy

Used these for fridge, 2 propane tanks, 25 gallon fresh water, 20 gallon grey water and pump. Still have room for storage on tank. Inside We got furnace, tanlkess water heater, sink, stove, fridge. It all fit utilizing the existing cabinets

Attachments

• IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 75

Forum statistics

Threads