Looking for the right radiator

BayMonty

I got this one Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/152072127810

It is a two row radiator but the one of the rows is twice as big as the other row so it seems to have the volume of a 3 row radiator. So far so good, I like that it doesn't have any plastic parts either. I did have to drill some bolt holes because they didn't line up quite perfect.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bumping. How has the radiator worked?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
3 row 4cyl are low efficiency cores. They have less cooling capacity than the stock v6 3.0 unit.

Exactly this, a bunch of us way back in the day had hybrid radiators built. They were better seemingly, a clean low efficiency 3 row was better than a dirty 2 row. A clean OEM 2 row is better and more than adequate if you can find one, an easier option would be upgrading to one from Kaliracer's group buy.

Nothing quite like being the only guy wheeling in the summer and rocking the AC.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
They are branded Denso and the side straps are stamped meaning they sit flush with the core support because the contours match. Aftermarket radiators are flat so the radiator will stand off the core support (one of the reasons the lower hose gets so close to the AC clutch).

Last edited:

phstudio

Nothing quite like being the only guy wheeling in the summer and rocking the AC.
That! I am looking forward to doing just that this summer. I'm going in on the upcoming group buy. Thanks for the hard work you put into this, kalieracer.

chadzeilenga

I picked up an OEM unit from a pick-n-pull for 40, had a local shop rod it out for 60 and pressure test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier