Mod Xterra or Sell for Jeep?

I never had any problems with my jkur never left me strnded and i finally sold it with 175000 on the old 3.8 now my wife's nissan murano was a total. Disaster time and time again just goes to show ymmv

Last edited:

RubiPoor

Loved my Xterra and it looked great with some lift and 285s. Was very capable with great power. That being said there are a lot more options for modding a Jeep. If it didn’t cause some financial issues I would go with the Jeep.

eternus

Observer
I am a Jeep fan, I'll prioritize a Jeep over any other SUV because I can remove the top and doors. That being said, I already own a Jeep and that guides my decision. There is no distinct advantage in having a Jeep over an XTerra, in fact there is a bigger issue of so many options you'll just want to spend all your money modding it. Just Empty Every Pocket. It's a thing, I have yet to meet a Jeep person who didn't immediately start plotting upgrades.

If you want a Jeep, sure, pursue that.

If you just want to overland, the Xterra is a hell of a platform. A paid off Xterra means you can do that many more trips that much sooner.

Why do you think you want a Jeep instead of the Xterra? What would you gain (besides debt) in making the switch?

Florida Native

A paid off Xterra means you can do that many more trips that much sooner.
This. I am a big advocate of not financing toys. Right now the Xterra does everything you want it to do (even without additional mods?). The extra off-road capability of the Jeep is the toy part and IMO, not worth going into a bigger hole financially.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw a nice xterra tonight small lift 285s snorkel racketc in bee sting yellow I am fan of all 4x. Go to jl forum and read the thread about how folks got started with jeeps very enjoyable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles