Tandem axle load equalizers. LCI Equa Flex vs CRE3000

rebar

Adventurer
Have you considered a walking beam type suspension. I recall seeing an OZ built caravan with a walking beam suspension. looked like it worked well crossing ruts and bumps.

Timbren has a variant called Silent Ride. might be worth considering.

Id consider a OZ walking beam if I could find one available.

Id consider Silent Ride to be independent, but I looked at the axle-less first. Which to reduce sway to leaf spring performance, would need a sway bar. Leaf has sway control, without the bar.
And the bushings for the tandem Silent Ride are going to take hella twisting motion if the left front and right rear drops in a rut at the same time. That's allot of twisting on the swing arms when one arm is up and other down on same axle.. The design looks vulnerable to traveling over a obstacle that's not parallel to the axles, but its running two straight axles like I want..

My tyres are 305/70R19.5 and they are good for 3075kg each.
325/85R16 Michelin XML are good for over 2T each.
Cheers,
Peter

That's a big ************** tire Peter, but the majority of my driving will be interstate and my mpg would drop bad running them on the trailer and truck. They would also mess with my final gear ratio which now puts me at 2000 rpm at 70. The biggest I could run would be 34" tires lowering rpm to around 1800 but similar mpg. But those military tires would be up to the task for the trailer if I forget about being able to use the trailer spare on the truck.

I want to run LT235/85R16 Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires on 16x7 8x6.5 trailer rims because their outside diameter is within a tenth of a inch of the 265/70R17 I'm running on the truck, as mentioned so I can use a trailer wheel as a spare for both truck and trailer.

I received a reply to my question about the timbrin Tandam Silent Ride..

Good afternoon ,
There are 6 bushings in a 7K tandem suspension, 4 of them are in control arms and 2 more in equalizers. Each bushing has a fair amount of rubber in it, therefore the system as a whole is not rigid, and it takes a fair level of articulation for ordinary use / ordinary roads. We haven’t really had problems with it in US and Canada. Even in Australia it has become a suspension of choice considering that the roads in Australia are a lot worse than here..

Lou.

Last edited:

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I Installed cre 3000 on my 10,000lb travel trailer, my wife swears that it must ride smoother now as there’s less junk to put back in place(her job) after arriving at a campsite. I know the stock shackles had worn through the ******** plastic bushings and were eating through the shackles so I got the upgraded ones, shackles twice as thick and bronze bushings. I think I’m on 4400lb axes and after upgrading tires they’re the weak link for sure.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz