2004 suburban build

jonb8

Adventurer
I will when I get them back on.. just finished all the welding and waiting for seam sealer to dry.... I'm happy with how the rockers came out... Solid and I don't have to worry about those running boards anymore...

Overlandtowater

Oh sweet on the rockers! that looks great, Im thinking about trimming the lower rear quarters that you just fixed level with the bottom of the frame and doing a wrap around rear bumper/ slider but I don't know if I want to do the cut or not, Im also thinking about running a tube around the bottom from the trailer hitch and tying it back into the frame as a slider for the rear quarter. Keep up the good work and I might get the nerve to start cutting mine!

jonb8

Adventurer
I thought about folding the rear quarters also, that would have eliminated all the rust. BUT... WV state inspection is tough and I didn't want to push it..

jonb8

Adventurer
Got the Suburban all cleaned up, then back in the garage for tire carrier..... Fun Fun

58378256_603336740146864_2629425948373549056_o-XL.jpg

59051908_603337066813498_4503289547911593984_o-XL.jpg

Overlandtowater

Dude that's looking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raising the rockers makes it look great, I cant tell here did you trim the fender in front of the back tire and behind the front tire too?

jonb8

Adventurer
I did behind the front tire, I think they call it a NorCal cut... but the back tire I have plenty of room so it stayed stock opening.

jonb8

Adventurer
I centered it, just liked how it looked there. when it's resting in the locked position it'll be fine I'm sure and when it's open it's not bouncing.... only time will tell though I haven't swung it out yet.... I am going to have to run a kicker off the bottom of the hinge to the frame, it's twisting...

jonb8

Adventurer
Nothing left but the latch, should have it all buttoned up tomorrow.... I'm not going to build the front bumper before are trip out west, I'm out of time. I still have to build a roof rack, install the second battery and install a fantastic fan in the roof..... Oh and a lot of wiring...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94