Stainless steel and Prop 65

billiebob

I figure if the product is for sale in North America, it is safe for its intended use. IF I am wrong, we need better, tougher regulations, not a bunch of whack job consumer protectionists using social media to stroke their egos.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I wonder if the stainless cookware that is SOOOO popular bears the CA warning label? I've not seen it.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I wonder if the stainless cookware that is SOOOO popular bears the CA warning label? I've not seen it.

I believe I have said cookware, from a California company, and don’t recall the label, but I bought years ago. Labeling all depends on your risk philosophy and that all depends on your owners and lawyers. I bought something at tractor supply the other day that specifically said “touching the power cord could expose you to lead compounds”...

I bet that wears off the second time you unplug it...

Guess what... I still touched it!

I do warning labels for products. Everything in CA needs a prop 65, beer, food, plates, etc. There is not an item that doesnt have the warning label. Even instructions printed on paper. My favorite one is wool products may cause cancer if inhaled.

frans

Adventurer
Went to Whole Foods the other day. Only place I have ever seen with big warning labels for this and that at the cookie and muffin counter

WeekendWannabe

Anything can be shown to cause cancer in a large enough dosage, or when broken down into it's component parts. Na and Cl are both highly toxic, but if you put them together into NaCl you have table salt. Anything made of metal will be toxic in high doses, but you won't be getting that from eating off stainless steel (a lifetime of eating and drinking from lead pewter is another story). This is why Prop 65 is essentially useless, every facility contains carcinogens, as does nearly every product. Hell, time is a carcinogen.

In California they are trying to ban dihydrogen monoxide because of all the bad effects it has on humans. See here:
And by the way coffee also had that label on it at one time. But money got it removed! https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-judge-rules-coffee-requires-cancer-warning-n861401

Wait until you see the problems with Hydrogen Hydroxide.

Reactions: WVI

STREGA

Explorer
We got out in 2005. I could read the writing on the wall.

Sold our place for a handsome profit, right before the housing bubble burst.

6 months later the place we sold was worth 50% of what we sold it for!

My wife and I left in June of 1984 after getting married, we didn't see much of a good future for us there. We just took a 10 day vacation to visit the inlaws in Cali and although
The hills were as green and beautiful as I have ever seen them I'am glad we left. It just amazed me how little 500K will buy you in a house there.

Reactions: WVI

millerfish

Adventurer
I wonder if the food you are putting on the stainless plate was packaged into its toxic plastic package at a plant using carcinogenic stainless equipment... Now I need to find beer brewed in wooden barrels...

dcg141

Adventurer
Wow. I can’t stop laughing. The fact that he spends a decent portion of the video talking about the ignorance of others is amazing. Just gravy on the top. All stainless steels “contain” carcinogenic alloying elements, specifically nickel and chromium but also manganese, lead, zinc, etc...

The funniest part is that he is claiming to be a prepper.

After civilization ends...

1. you aren’t gonna live long enough to die of cancer
  2. you won’t have to worry about it because there will be no more prop 65
  3. the first person you ask (or lecture) about the alloy of their cookware will likely enforce point #1
Want some more laughs, read the YouTube comments.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz