1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Had a nearly 500 mile weekend in the old girl, about 60 miles of dirt and trails. Headed out to Austin, NV to camp on some National Forest land, and do some backroading.

Untitled

Untitled

Pretty much all a man needs is right in this picture:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Sorry I dont have a titanium spork, just vintage plates and collapsible wine glasses.
Untitled

Some of the more basic stuff: A Dorr-Oliver Rotary Drum Filter at the Yankee Blade mine

Untitled
Untitled

We saw lots of ruins and old mining buildings:

Untitled by Marn, on Flickr

Lots of "two-tracks" if you can even call them that anymore, that hadnt been driven on in quite some time:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Drove south a little ways to see how far up the pass to Kingston we could get, which was still snowed in, eventually turned around:

Untitled
Untitled

Overall, a decent little trip. Jeep drove well, but something was leaking from underneath and splattered the trailer the whole way home. I'll have to see if I can figure out that that was.

Zeep

Adventurer
Some of those shots you take look awesome. Reminds me of a old sales brochure.
What kind of camera are you using?

uberhahn

Observer
Its been really fun to watch you build this truck and confidence in driving it to remote places. As I'm working on my Wagoneer, I turn to this page occasionally as inspiration.

Don't sell it. You don't have to use it, but don't sell it.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Its been really fun to watch you build this truck and confidence in driving it to remote places. As I'm working on my Wagoneer, I turn to this page occasionally as inspiration.

Don't sell it. You don't have to use it, but don't sell it.

Well, I mean, theres no reason to own it and insure it if I dont use it. We'll see what happens.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Sooooooo, we kinda did a thing on Saturday. Don’t worry, still have the wag and there are no immediate plans to get rid of it, but we’ll see what the future brings.

Attachments

• 52BC9C96-D2C0-4968-A78C-9DC86F3C5ACD.jpeg
    52BC9C96-D2C0-4968-A78C-9DC86F3C5ACD.jpeg
    862.6 KB · Views: 23

NORDFORD

Sweet! I just put a Rusty’s winch plate and Smittybilt winch on my bosses JL. Easy peasy. Those jeeps are just plain awesome. Seriously though, if you sell the wag, pm me.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Thanks, looking forward to all the future adventures in the new jeep, and maybe, just maybe, some adventures in the Wagoneer....

Copperhead14

Observer
I am in a dilemma. I sold my Unlimited Rubicon when we had our twins. Looking at TJ’s here in Indiana is rough trying to find rust free. I am very tempted to downsize our camper, sell our Cummins mega cab and buy a Gladiator Rubicon.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I am in a dilemma. I sold my Unlimited Rubicon when we had our twins. Looking at TJ’s here in Indiana is rough trying to find rust free. I am very tempted to downsize our camper, sell our Cummins mega cab and buy a Gladiator Rubicon.

I'm still not sold on the gladiator, its not "much" of a truck, and its really long for a jeep. Thats why we now own a jeep, and a 3/4 ton (in reality, its a 1.5 ton) pickup. I have a ************ beat up truck for ************ beat up truck stuff, and a jeep for jeep stuff.

Umnak

Adventurer
I've been lurking on your thread for a while and have been so impressed with your ideas and work. It would be interesting to read how you decided to make the transition from the Wagoneer to the Rubicon. I imagine there are a lot of folk wrestling with the same decision. Probably as many as would want a chance to pick up the Wagoneer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles