Trailscape's 06 Tundra

toyotech

Expedition Leader
If you’re looking for a good “cheater bar” I picked up a spare Hi-Lift handle here for $11 bucks. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was hoping for an extension lol. My truck is too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Thanks. I haven't put the wheels on yet, but I'll keep that in mind.

I am about to paint my truck with this

In the Steel Gray color. I have sprayed it before and its very durable and super forgiving. Cheap too.

If you are still looking for wheel spacers let me know, I have a pair of spidertrax spacers I am not using, one of the wheel studs needs to be replaced though. I would pass them on cheap. I also have a set of the 4wp G2 spacers that I am not using. I have been running a pair of those in the rear of my truck for 3ish years and they have held up great.

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
My upper balljoints were shot, so I decided to toss in the "Freedom Offroad" UCA's I picked up earlier this year.

There's a thread about them over on T4R that's nearing 60 pages..

I didn't really see anything negative, but couldn't find much about anyone using these on the Tundra.

Anyway... I'm still running the OME lift in the front.
I gained a bit of caster, but I think it should be a lot higher.. Here's my front alignment results.

Code:
Before: L/R
Camber: 0.1 / -0.3
Caster: 0.8 / 0.7
Toe: -0.57 / -0.43

After: L/R
Camber: 0.2 / 0.1
Caster: 1.1 / 1.2
Toe: 0.04 / -0.06

Obervations: They seem built well and all, but I had clearance issues with the coil buckets that probably shouldn't happen.
I had to grind down the edge of buckets a tad to fix that.

Initial balljoints and rust. I hate rust.. This is what I get for spending a couple winter months in New Hampshire last year.

This part didn't look promising.

A small bit of grinding and it cleared. Maybe I should've taken some more, but I wasn't sure I'd keep them at that point.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
TC UCA does the same thing. Only camburg I know of doesn’t and it’s what I run

trailscape

Explorer
That’s interesting. I wouldn’t have expected it. I’m told it happens due to variations in both the vehicle and when welded in the jig.

I haven’t felt confident about going with a uniball myself, but I kind of liked the ball joint use in these.

TC UCA does the same thing. Only camburg I know dof doesn’t and it’s what I run

Kpack

Adventurer
Never heard of those UCA's. It looks like they more or less fit, however the ones designed specifically for the Tundra have more caster built in. The Camburg's I run can go up to +5.0 or +6.0, or something like that. I have mine around +3.0 right now. I'm interested to hear of your experiences with the Freedom Off-Road kit.

trailscape

Explorer
I picked up these old home made jack stands a while back and just finished cleaning them up. Gave them several coats of safety yellow.

They seem pretty stout. Probably better than anything I'd get from Harbor Freight.

trailscape

Explorer
I just added another 100w panel to the roof rack. It mounted up pretty easily to the bars using z-brackets flipped over and M6 bolts.
Also, wired up my lights using a waterproof junction box to try and keep things somewhat organized.

I'm thinking about adding something like this to the rack for storage. It looks like it might work great. It's a Lund Challenger ATV box.

Kpack

Adventurer
I just added another 100w panel to the roof rack. It mounted up pretty easily to the bars using z-brackets flipped over and M6 bolts.
Also, wired up my lights using a waterproof junction box to try and keep things somewhat organized.

View attachment 521695

I'm thinking about adding something like this to the rack for storage. It looks like it might work great. It's a Lund Challenger ATV box.

View attachment 521696
Nice work on the rack and solar panel. If you use that box, is it small enough to fit lengthwise with the handle pointing to the sides of the truck? Otherwise I'm not sure how easily you'll be able to reach the handles.

trailscape

Explorer
Thanks. I can reach the middle of the rack pretty easily if I’m standing on the door sills. I was looking at using the Rigid boxes but I’d really like the option to store longer items.

Nice work on the rack and solar panel. If you use that box, is it small enough to fit lengthwise with the handle pointing to the sides of the truck? Otherwise I'm not sure how easily you'll be able to reach the handles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles