Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Keep an eye on your EGT. As contradictory as it seems the EGR cools the combustion chamber at lower rpm (and does nothing at higher rpm). If you lug it now it has the potential to run hotter.
Yep, EGT's are always monitored. I'm interested to see how it does....

Got the torque app too, I'll do some data logs. Egt, ebp (drive pressure basically) and boost. Should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Took the truck for a longer highway drive. Its back to being great again!

Its been a long time since I did Excel..... But Logs: EBP vs RPM is Grey, EGT (well EGT/100 as it throws the values way huge vs everything else anyway) vs RPM is Orange, and Boost is Blue.

40896320923_ef8bb84325_b.jpg

And a snippet of the data if thats more helpful, roll from a stop. Accelerator Position (A), EGT (B), Boost (D), EBP (E) and RPM (F) as well as VGT because its interesting.

32918740467_2fa41e5a5d.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Well remember those shark fins we talked about? Whoops!

d47b380ac2561472873b8543409abfb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/IMG]

Last edited:

Travoski

It seems like you already have settled for 2/0 gauge for your batteries. Beeing a metric guy I'm not so familiar with the AWG system but with batteries and high current applications "bigger is better". And 2/0 seems good. There are of'course ways to calculate the needed gauge considering the load, distance and current. But hey, there is no thing as to big. Well maybe for your wallet.

Just wanted to give a heads up if buying start/jumper cables to save money. Here in Sweden the jumper cables are often CCA which is a copper clad aluminim wire. Not the same as a true copper wire. In general you need to upsize one gauge larger (Somewhere around those numbers I guess...still a metric guy) if using CCA instead of copper.

Maybe this is not applicable to your situation but something to have in mind when you are comparing prices and realise that jumper cables are so cheap.

As with everything else you can go deep into the subject. How wire strands are wrapped and stretched when making the wire and the difference in premium and standard wires. But it's not rocket science either: proper gauge + good connections = good to go.

Really looking forward to se more progress.
Also check insulation as jumper cables some times have very thin insulation

dwysywd

Wow. Amazing thread read. I’ve garnered a lot of great info and surely some ideas! It will be a lot easier now that I’ve read all 1433 posts. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using a facsimile machine.

java

Expedition Leader
Wow. Amazing thread read. I’ve garnered a lot of great info and surely some ideas! It will be a lot easier now that I’ve read all 1433 posts. LOL.

Glad you got some good info from it! Make a thread for your build! :)

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Well remember those shark fins we talked about? Whoops!

d47b380ac2561472873b8543409abfb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/IMG]

How about getting some rims cut down and putting them on as protection. You probably have a bunch sitting in the back yard.

java

Expedition Leader
How about getting some rims cut down and putting them on as protection. You probably have a bunch sitting in the back yard.
That's a thought! And uh.... I don't have any that will fit this truck in the back yard :D

dwysywd

Glad you got some good info from it! Make a thread for your build! :)

So I have some pics documenting the build so far. Haven’t organized a thread yet cause frankly my 2006 Megacab just had a bunch of serious problems and it sort of derailed everything else. In the matter of a month it’s received 2 new batteries, alternator, water pump, 6 injectors and fuel tubes, new electronic injector harness and a fuel rail with new filter.

So now that I’ve got that all fixed my starter broke. It’s like sheesh! Seriously? LoL

java

Expedition Leader
So I have some pics documenting the build so far. Haven’t organized a thread yet cause frankly my 2006 Megacab just had a bunch of serious problems and it sort of derailed everything else. In the matter of a month it’s received 2 new batteries, alternator, water pump, 6 injectors and fuel tubes, new electronic injector harness and a fuel rail with new filter.

So now that I’ve got that all fixed my starter broke. It’s like sheesh! Seriously? LoL

But it will all be fixed when your done right? :)

Blew a boost coupler off coming up the pass.... I think it broke. Was able to steal a couple hose clamps off the water tank and continue on. Uhhh zip Ties won't hold boost

Little but of rain, but making pizzas anyway!

0ec581a2d9c68273def7eec8a5950b87.jpg

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Stole a couple house clamps off the water tank to make one big one. Ghetto, but it worked! (note: zip ties will not hold boost :D )

47951838083_759f703b43_b.jpg

Quiet little CG off Highway 20.

47952313278_92ce904ecc_b.jpg

Beautiful area!

47951824992_abfc686105_b.jpg

Now.... Rear tires are chunking, thoughts? Sharp rocks or bad pressure? Only the outside edge on the rears. I was thinking maybe it was wheel spin on sharp stuff?

47951864136_f72f11f06a_b.jpg

47951838423_3a591673ec_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94